What's new
Thanks a lot,I will try tonight and update the test results.
I'm actually in the process of writing a guide for Uno which will make things much clearer.

I'm also releasing a simple DB15 hat which will dock to the USB Shield PCB which in turn docks to the Uno.

To answer your question quickly, all you need is an Uno board and a USB Host Shield board (which docks to the top of the Uno). If you want to wire it into an actual supergun you'll need some patch wires and a female DB15 connector. This last step is optional if you just want to test as you can see what's happening in the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE.

No other passive components are required.

Pricing isn't known as yet, but everything is being worked on to ensure large supply and global distribution.

I've ordered the PCBs and need to verify a few things first. Should be able to show a working product in approximately 3 weeks time.

The prototype PCB worked well but needed a few tweaks and fixes. We've also added some new features to it such as a reset button and mode LED to provide feedback on binding and profiles etc.

Also working on an enclosure and all this stuff takes time as we need to send parts off and have moulds made etc.

118397907_10221347298964995_8830051894043662742_n.jpg

It's pretty cost effective and supports many controllers. Code is being continuously worked on in the background and more controllers added weekly. Qanba is being implemented as we speak.

I've been enjoying using it very much, it's made my other controller adaptors redundant.

Any way to get the size down eventually? If it hangs out to far will the weight added with a cord connected be a concern?

It's currently 40mm wide by 50mm long. Don't think I can get it any smaller than that.

USB cords are light, I don't think it'll be an issue. I mean, I've got Genesis, Saturn and Snes adaptors that have a lot more weight on the controller plug end and it's never been an issue.

when I try to upload the file to my arduino UNO, Arduino IDE said "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status".

Any way to get the size down eventually? If it hangs out to far will the weight added with a cord connected be a concern?
The custom PCB will get some updates next week and the size will down signify. About the all in one, i think it's already tiny for the all the circuit it's handling.
when I try to upload the file to my arduino UNO, Arduino IDE said "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status".
Please, update your Arduino IDE and if you still need help, visit our Discord.

There is a nice article about your fantastic work on RetroRGB:

https://www.retrorgb.com/usb2db15-supergun-adapter.html

Enjoy reeding!
Really kind article! Thanks retroRGB staff!

Back