What's new
8Bitdo NES and SNES Bluetooth receivers work.

The orange 8BitDo USB Mario brick receiver does not work reliably but we're working on it.

Retrobit 2.4G receivers work.

Microsoft and PlayStation wireless receivers work.

Possibly others. Near anything can be made to work as long as we have access to it, or other like minded people jump into the development team and incorporate whatever controllers they have laying around.
Frank, you da man.
If you check the Github will see that everything is already open.
I saw that. I'm not that skilled yet though. Will study what is posted on Github until Frank releases his version.
I heard Frank's version is the best version.

Once thoroughly tested and confirmed working I'll be releasing all resources for free, in keeping with the open sourced nature of this project.

The PCB design file, Gerber's, BOM, Pick & Place file, schematic, everything.

Hope I get it right first time around as funds are a little tight to bare the burden of a faulty PCB. :cursing:
Once you do, would like to explore porting this into the PS360+ or now better known as the Brook Fighting Board footprint, which then opens up a different world of other possibilities:
BareBrook.JPG
There's no reason to have this shape, as this project is not meant to live in an arcade stick. It's meant to live on a supergun. :)

There's no reason to have this shape, as this project is not meant to live in an arcade stick. It's meant to live on a supergun. :)
Someone better tell that to undamned then; ask why he has a version of his USB decoder that uses the 2x10 MC header. On that same note, arcade PCB's weren't meant to be played at home either. Then someone developed a Supergun.

Someone better tell that to undamned then; ask why he has a version of his USB decoder that uses the 2x10 MC header. On that same note, arcade PCB's weren't meant to be played at home either. Then someone developed a Supergun.
If your supergun has 2x10 pin header, that's great, modify the design to remove the db15 and add the header. But most people have db15 ports, and this solution requires no extra wiring. I don't see how a brook pcb footprint would make sense for a supergun though. If you want to make your own solution, go ahead, I've done the same.
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 11.10.21 AM.jpg

If your supergun has 2x10 pin header, that's great, modify the design to remove the db15 and add the header. But most people have db15 ports, and this solution requires no extra wiring. I don't see how a brook pcb footprint would make sense for a supergun though. If you want to make your own solution, go ahead, I've done the same.Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 11.10.21 AM.jpg
I just like form factor in that you can use PCB-to-PCB board connectors through the 2x10 console header to allow for a smaller footprint. I feel DB15, while perfectly suited for a Supergun, would not suit what I endeavor to do. I mean, it could. But I do so like the stackable function that the fighting board profile affords. What I design to do is to allow game pads to be used in a real arcade cab. That way, when there are home vs. matches, those gamepad guys don't have any excuses for getting their asses handed to them when playing on a cab.

In any case, pretty straight forward to create a JAMMA adapter to achieve parts of what is required. Nice that this project is open source so that I can play around with the footprint. undamned's product would require a ribbon cable to make the connection work. If I am able to pull this off, I can just stack the connector onto the JAMMA Adapter. I talked about this here.

I'm unsure what use case scenario this adapter would have with a Brook footprint. Isn't this project the opposite of what the likes of Brook, PS360+ provide?

Brook/PS360+: Connect stick inputs and output USB, PS2, etc.
USB2DB15: Input USB convert to DB15

Am I missing something?

It's just preference. I feel it is a reference form factor for these types of devices, but that is just me. I could just as well use the existing footprint and replace the DB15 connector with the 2x10 MC header. Certainly would make things easier. Also, it is not the Brook footprint. Akishops customs originated it. Give credit where credit is due.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this effort with this discussion. It is a personal project. More important that the form factor would just be being able to use gamepads with an arcade cab. That is easy to achieve. Modifying the form factor is my desire to tinker which I like to do.

I’m still having trouble following. You want to add a 2x10 header to use USB fight sticks in a cab? How would that work, would you have a JAMMA device build to intercept the controls?

I could maybe see use for this in a 3P/4P situation...

I’m still having trouble following. You want to add a 2x10 header to use USB fight sticks in a cab? How would that work, would you have a JAMMA device build to intercept the controls?
Sure. That device would just be a redesigned JAMMA Adapter that Frank already has laid out the groundwork for:

JAMMA_Adapter.jpg

Now all that is needed is to modify the fingerboard, tapping the button signal paths to add two 2x10 headers & two DB15 connectors. So then you can the ability to connect whatever external controls you want to use while playing on an actual cab. Fighting game players are particular with their controls. Some are gamepad-only guys. Some have their own spit shined custom fight sticks. Some are hitbox guys. Some like US Happ controls that MAS sticks afford. I have a group of friends that are serious players. Tired of hearing those excuses for why they don't like to play on cabs. I'll tell them to bring over whatever controllers they like and let's get it on. No more excuses.

Here ya go, an early mock-up. I've thrown out the idea of using the fighting board footprint as it makes the adapter too big. But here it is. An inexpensive simple way to allow for external controls to be used in an arcade cab. No need for any hackery/wire slicing/tapping under the CP. Kick inputs for US JAMMA cabs that only have buttons pins for 1-3. Buttons 4 & 5 to the edge connector, while also outputting buttons 4-5-6 to a kick harness.

Between this and the using decoders (this project or undamned's), you pretty much cover all the standard ways fight game controls are wired up today. Now when dudes lose, they can't complain about the cab's sticks. And, you can take this anywhere the need arises.

ExternalControlsAdapter.JPG

Here ya go, an early mock-up. I've thrown out the idea of using the fighting board footprint as it makes the adapter too big. But here it is. An inexpensive simple way to allow for external controls to be used in an arcade cab. No need for any hackery/wire slicing/tapping under the CP. Kick inputs for US JAMMA cabs that only have buttons pins for 1-3. Buttons 4 & 5 to the edge connector, while also outputting buttons 4-5-6 to a kick harness.

Between this and the using decoders (this project or undamned's), you pretty much cover all the standard ways fight game controls are wired up today. Now when dudes lose, they can't complain about the cab's sticks. And, you can take this anywhere the need arises.

ExternalControlsAdapter.JPG
Those footprints are too close together, the traces wont fit in between. It'll have to be even bigger :P

I'm really happy with the updates today.
We fixed some problems with the old version PCB, so, i ask, please, everyone, check the schematics and PCB, please!!!

Thanks USB2DB15 team!

sYRVOBI.png

[0.14.2] - 2020-10-09

Added

- Added analog nub support for Xbox One controllers.
- Added `debug.h` to control serial output.

Changed

- Fixed an issue with button mapping surrounding Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers.
- Files altered: `XboxOneController.cpp` `XboxUSBContrtoller.cpp`
- Fixed an issue surrounding PS3 analog support.
- File altered `PS3Controller.cpp`
- Removed the temporary `#define ENABLE_SERIAL` as it has been superseded by `debug.h`

PCB 1.1

Changed

- DB15 on schematic was right, but the footprint was inverted, forcing to solder the connector pins on the top side, it's now fixed.
- LED pin is now on D8 pin, so can reflec the code.
- We are now using a 3 pin DUO COLOR LED (center cathode) for a adicitional USB status,
so if there's any USB controller inserted and working, one LED color will be on, else, off.
- Reset eeprom memory circuit inserted
- PCB was downsized

Thanks USB2DB15 team!
Great work !! is anyone printing a bunch of PCB's ? Can I possibly buy a few ?
We are making some pre-ordering for PnP custom PCBs as rewards for fixed value donations, if you want to join the list, just ask on Discord.

And thanks, everyone is working really hard on dev/beta-tester team!

Back