What's new

Srkmagnus

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

First thank you to the Admins for approving my account! I recently bought a MVC2 arcade cabinet and while researching everything about it I was drawn here. I appreciate all the data and valuable resources that are available and have started to sink my teeth into the information throughout the forums.

I look forward to learning as much as possible while on the site.

Respectfully,

Chris

I'm also from socal and will tell you that this site has great information and great members on here to help you out with gaming tech. Welcome!

Also in SoCal - MVC2 cabinet as your first is GREAT! :) So many good Naomi games out there!

Matt

I'm also from socal and will tell you that this site has great information and great members on here to help you out with gaming tech. Welcome!
Thank you! That's what I'm starting to see as I'm diving into the forums! Appreciate the warm welcome!
Also in SoCal - MVC2 cabinet as your first is GREAT! :) So many good Naomi games out there!

Matt
Thank you for that, Matt! Long time MVC2 player and have always thought about getting a cab but never thought it would be realized. When the opportunity presented and the wife was on board I had to get it.

My not knowing much about Naomi boards thought I can just get other Naomi games and plug them in. But after talking a bit with the seller it was indicated that not all Naomi are just plug and play (?). So I'm going to be reading up as much as possible to see what other games I may be interested in and what may be needed to get them to work.

Almost all Naomi cartridges will work - unless its for a driving game. You have a 6 button control panel - so you can play almost all of the naomi games - except for driving, and a few weird ones that require different controls.

Matt

SoCal is a good place to be for arcade stuff, and especially fighting games, though granted not so much these days when you're stuck enjoying it by yourself at home.

Almost all Naomi cartridges will work - unless its for a driving game. You have a 6 button control panel - so you can play almost all of the naomi games - except for driving, and a few weird ones that require different controls.

Matt
Thank you, Matt! I appreciate the information. Not sure if you can help, but I am also interested in hooking up a Xbox 360 and PS3 to play to the cabinet using the VGA. Any pointers or resources that you can point me to?

Considering I will most likely be playing the MVC2 arcade once in a while unless friends are visiting (and with COVID not sure if that's happening anytime soon) so I am trying to think of ways to hookup these consoles to consolidate my equipment (I play MVC2 online via these platforms) but make it easy as possible to return to Arcade when friends are over. Using the arcade cabinet controls is a plus as I can put away some sticks and keep everything hidden from view (minus the arcade machine lol).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
SoCal is a good place to be for arcade stuff, and especially fighting games, though granted not so much these days when you're stuck enjoying it by yourself at home.
Ha! My thoughts exactly. Its unfortunate that the fighting game scene is for the most part online and in-person meetups at home(s). There is nothing like the good ol' days of meeting up at the local arcade/hotspot to connect with friends and enjoy some in-person games.

Although this is my first cabinet I am already itching to expand what I can play by looking through the FS forums and checking online for game's that I may want to own.

@Srkmagnus - there are some options - it just depends on how your cabinet is set up - is it JVS or JAMMA? What is your screen?

Matt

@Srkmagnus - there are some options - it just depends on how your cabinet is set up - is it JVS or JAMMA? What is your screen?
@mathewbeall It's JAMMA and screen is VGA. I ordered a VGA selector with audio to input consoles and output to cabinet VGA screen. The audio output (for now) is going to be directed to a wireless speaker until I take the time to figure out how to tap into the audio speakers on the cabinet for all devices. I plan on taking the Brook PCB from my fight stick and set it up inside the control panel of the board and wire to stick/buttons while using console. When I want to play the arcade machine I figure all that I need to do is select the MVC2 output via the VGA selector and reconnect the stick/buttons. Seems like a pain but trying to make this as least complicated.

That's kind of what I have visualized as a working solution but I am sure there is another more efficient approach and would appreciate any help.

Ha! My thoughts exactly. Its unfortunate that the fighting game scene is for the most part online and in-person meetups at home(s). There is nothing like the good ol' days of meeting up at the local arcade/hotspot to connect with friends and enjoy some in-person games.
On this forum home and the arcade blurs of course ...

Night-Arcade-3.jpg

If your cabinet is JAMMA - this is a cool device.... Just unplug the JAMMA edge from the JVS adapter for the Naomi and plug into this device.

https://arthrimus.com/product/console-jammaizer-pre-order/

You basically just need the console cables for the controllers and you would be good to go - with your VGA switch, etc.

Matt
Thanks, Matt! I saw that thread and its what drew me to the site!

I will look at getting that as it does seem to be the best solution for me. Appreciate the guidance and definitely look forward to continuing to learn about the cab and what I can do in terms of picking up some more games to install and play. I was mostly into the VS series growing up, so MVC and CVS2 may be the next two I try and get.

On this forum home and the arcade blurs of course ...
Night-Arcade-3.jpg
@Aurich This is an awesome picture and impressive setup! I assume this is your setup, right? If only I could but certainly don't have the room much more than one cabinet (for now). lol

Welcome

I provide some mvc2 set ups here in the Philippines in some local tournament

Great Choice of one of the few good games in naomi

Welcome

I provide some mvc2 set ups here in the Philippines in some local tournament

Great Choice of one of the few good games in naomi
Thank you! Appreciate the warm welcome and happy to have signed up in the board. I agree, it was a great choice going with MVC2 :).

Back