What's new

Srkmagnus

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was drawn here while searching how I can connect my Xbox 360 and PS3 to a MVC2 cabinet with a VGA monitor. The thread by Arthimus for the JAMMAIZER is what popped up for me while searching: https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...consoles-to-your-jamma-arcade-cabinet.10074/& . Not sure if this is the only way, or if a method I am thinking about below would work.

I have been thinking about this and may be overly simplifying what I think would work too much. But what I am thinking is to connect the consoles using VGA (Possibly a multi VGA switcher to switch the input consoles to the output monitor). Power is not a problem as I can simply plug each console into a power strip.

My dilemma is that since the monitor is connected to the cabinet power supply powering on will also power the MVC2 board in the cabinet. Which if possible, I would not want to have powered on while using the Xbox/PS3 consoles. I have thought about unplugging the harness that connects the MCV2 cartridge/board to the power supply, but I’m sure there’s a better way to go about this.

Wiring I am not concerned with since I will wire up the consoles using a multi-console pcb and set aside the wires from the harness to the arcade control panel. Everything is quick disconnects so that part is easy.

And for anyone wondering, I foresee playing the MVC2 arcade cabinet mostly when friends are visiting. Due to COVID that may not be happening for a while so I want to keep it setup where I can easily reconnect and play. I play MVC2 via online play, so trying to find a way to consolidate everything into the cabinet and make it virtually all plug and play.

Thank you all in advance for you’re time and help and apologies if some of the terminology is off. Just picked up the machine a few days ago and jumped headfirst researching as much as I can about the nuts and bolts of this thing. I’m also continuing to search and will report back if I find solution.

Respectfully,

Chris

Last edited:
Back