What's new

Martimagico

Beginner
Reaction score
I ordered a set of burned roms and conversion on a board a long time ago, long story short, the b board I sent was broken so I asked the dude to send it all back to me. I have since bought a good tested b board and tried my hand at installing the roms. I installed them and set the jumpers. It starts to boot, passes all tests displayed, goes to version screen, title screen the constantly reboots once it hits the title screen. Any advice on what I should look at?

Pic of board...

Attachments

• 74441529-4FD0-4D21-A9CC-AB532B966561.jpeg
    74441529-4FD0-4D21-A9CC-AB532B966561.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 152
Hello,

As the roms are merged in a different way than the original config, have you reburned a proper PAL/GAL ?

Hello,

As the roms are merged in a different way than the original config, have you reburned a proper PAL/GAL ?
This.

Make sure you're using a PAL-G. You can also use a PAL-F if you lift one of the legs and run a jumper wire

Have you checked with a multi meter your jumpers are set correctly to the following?

SOOS_SO_OSOSOS_SOSOSOSO_SOSOSOSO

any of you be able to check my EPROMs?

also when it boots first I get the rom test, then the region warning then the game title and date screen after that it loops over and over on the region then date screens.

You're gonna have to verify the roms with a programmer and a site like romident. It sounds like one of the roms may be bad.

possibly, but these old eproms are quite susceptible to problems during postage etc. its best to confirm their data as @BlinG said, then you can pass the questions onto the person who sold you the chips. :( there is hopefully someone not-too-far from you who has a programmer. people on this forum are usually happy to help.

If it's crashing as rebooting during attract one or more of the main program ROMs is bad.

It's not a jumper issue or you would be having graphic and sound faults, but it would run.

Couldn't also be some bits in the keys not being defaulted? Maybe discharge the EXC5 cap once more.

I actually had this same issue on my conversion. Its the program roms. I ordered a bunch of 4096 en Ebay and when burned they did the exact same thing. I reprogrammed the roms that were originally on the board and they work just fine,

Back