What's new

Hoober-D

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Sega Model 3 Ocean Hunter Arcade Unit and about a month ago it started freezing when it got to the first level. It froze but the music still played.

Now it boots to a blank black screen after the sega logo shows up and it says free play at the bottom. But the game itself doesnt load And sometimes it loads to a white screen after it says daughter board has been detected.

I ran the diagnositic scans that are built into the arcade machine via the test button options as instructed in the game manual. It picked up no errors with the rom or the arcade unit itself.

Does anyone know how to fix this? ;(

@Hoober-D Check your voltages @ your filterboard with the game running. Should be yellow wire 5 volt and the brown wire 3.3 volts

these boards are always power eaters. Over time the power supply s do fail and can crawl up or down in voltage . If power is to low these games freeze! I know as I had the same problem with this game :)

I've had this issues with my Virtual On OT Model 3 setup.

one PCB was doing this, going into the ROM check one of the ROMs was bad, reseated it and the problem went away. Happened again on a different ROM so I reseated all of them for good measure, then it happened on my OTHER PCB so I reseated all of the ROMs on that board.

issue cropped up again and ROMs checked good but voltages were a bit low, Recapped the PSU and it was running great again.

Reactions: AMS
Replace the case fans too and pray those BGA video chips didn't get loose.

I've had this issues with my Virtual On OT Model 3 setup.

one PCB was doing this, going into the ROM check one of the ROMs was bad, reseated it and the problem went away. Happened again on a different ROM so I reseated all of them for good measure, then it happened on my OTHER PCB so I reseated all of the ROMs on that board.

issue cropped up again and ROMs checked good but voltages were a bit low, Recapped the PSU and it was running great again.
how do I reseat the roms?

@Hoober-D @twistedsymphony to be honest if he new to all this don’t go pulling roms before you did the power check... as you can do more bad then good if you are not know what you do on a m3 step 2 stack... but that’s just my 2 cents. As then maybe you can send the video board to the ocean hunters of the deep... :)

Back