What's new

benime

Grand Master
Reaction score
Has anyone ever encountered this? The gist of the text is: "The write operation did not finish normally. Please power off and check the system."

The first and second steps of flashing MB-2011 BIOS completes successfully, but then the third step is interrupted about halfway through with this. I've tried flashing the regular 2.0 BIOS but it won't even load--color bars display on screen and then it restarts.

I'm using a 27C160 with the bin file doubled up since I don't have any 27C800s, if that makes a difference. The graphic issue is a separate problem, I believe, and something I'll work on after solving this.

Solved the above by cleaning the EPROM socket; writing the BIOS completes successfully, but now when I try to boot a bootleg I get System Error 000542. Google doesn't seem to have any info about this error, and looking at the mame taitogn.cpp isn't helpful either.

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_165538.jpg
    IMG_20200805_165538.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
System Error 000542 caused by using PCMCIA -> SD adapter. Used a PCMCIA -> CF adapter with CF card instead and it boots games fine now.

Just need to sort out the graphic issues.

Figured I would update; video problem has been traced to the GPU but replacing that is a no go for me and I managed to pick up a working g-net for cheap so this is going in to the parts bin.

Back