What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Darksoft has commissioned a batch of repro CPS3 carts. These are based on the design of the A and B carts but have had very minor mods done to eliminate the ceramic cap that was soldered precariously on the backside of the cart pcb. You can see in the pics below if you look hard enough.

Here are pictures of the blanks:

45pcs.jpg

And here are the first five fully assembled that I was sent for testing last week (they work great):

img_7162-jpg.jpg

These have standard SH-2s already installed and the latest version of the SuperBIOS for standard SH-2s. Keep in mind that these will not come with cart shells. I've asked a member here if they are interested in designing a custom 3D printed shell so we will see if that materializes.

Price is still TBD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick Q, will we be able to update the superbios on these without sending them in if/when an update comes in?

Quick Q, will we be able to update the superbios on these without sending them in if/when an update comes in?
These work exactly like the originals so if it is possible to update it an original in that manner then it will work with these as well. Whether or not it is even possible is still in the air.

T, I have a complete setup of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, but missing some simms. I know I have spare simms, just gotta find them. PM me with an offer if you are interested.

awesome very i terested in one just need simms for a complete setup. Since my cps3 mainboard is bare

This is literally a dream come true! I've seen far too many CPS3 systems tossed aside due to busted carts. A few years ago, the local golfland here in my neck of the woods tossed out 3 full 3rd strike set ups into the dumpster because of dead carts.

Though im not proud of the dumpster diving i did that day (moldy pizza + soda == not awesome time), those boards were cleaned and given proper homes with several collector friends of mine at only the cost it took to clean the boards ups.

Hopefully, with something like, we wont see people trashing these boards and they can live on forever

I have several dead carts if anyone wants to use it to pull up a 3D print of it. So long as you're willing to share the the 3D file with the community, you can keep the dead cart.

I have several dead carts if anyone wants to use it to pull up a 3D print of it. So long as you're willing to share the the 3D file with the community, you can keep the dead cart.
Derick2k should be sending me a CPS3 setup soon so I'll be working on a 3D model once I get it in.

I will not be making an exact replica of the original cart, but rather looking to make a new one that fits and 3D prints well.

I'll be honest, the battery bulge on the back might be problematic but I'll see how it look once I have it in my hands.

While I'm thinking of it... Can someone with a CPS3 cage (and preferably some calipers) take some measurements for me? since I'll want to make sure it will fit inside the cage. I'm interested in the cart opening, how up the cart sticks past the top of the cage when fully inserted, as well as the dimensions of the bracket that goes over it. Dims in mm with as much precision as you can get please.

Back