What's new
Sorry for being a noob in arcade hardware

What else do i need beside the motherboad in order to run the reproduction cart?

Sorry for being a noob in arcade hardware

What else do i need beside the motherboad in order to run the reproduction cart?
you need 4x128MB SIMMS + 2x64MB SIMMS and a SCSI CDROM. You can easily replace the CDROM for a SCSI2SD unit which is much more convenient.

You need a working CPS3 with all the simms that I mentioned. Then the cartridge has to be converted to SuperBios and that's basically it.

Check the Pinned threads on this section for more info.

Hi Ds and team.
I´m new member. I got a cps3 pcb, and waiting to test it to see if i would need another 128 flash simm.
Also i have the security carts.
- I´m thinking maybe sending you my cart plus shipping and you replacing the sh2 bios will cost more than getting this repro cart?
- I have to confirm but maybe i will be needing the 128 simm module as well.
Those 2 things for now, can you tell me if you have stock?

Pd: What a beast this project i love it.

Hi @MostroVeneno. We dont do the SH2 replacement anymore as the price was the same as a repro. I dont think we have any more repro SIMMs on stock. PM for more info please.

But just the bios swap to Superbios is $55 and plays the games just as well.

@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w swaping to superbios will be fine then. How about shipping. I must send you my cart right? and then you do the swap and resend it to me? how do you see this possible?

have a question: saw some cps3 with no cd, no sd card at all. That`s determined by the cartridge or the pcb? Besides, there are cartridges available?

No CD is determine by the cart. You still need a CD cart to write the game, initially

that`s strange, needing a cart that requires cd to after use a no cd cart, but that`s what it is... thanks! So, i already have one CD cartridge. Do u make those NO CD carts @Darksoft? @Mitsurugi-w

I’m a newb so forgive me. Do you have any of these left? Did anyone ever create a 3D printed shell? And does this come with a cd or do I just need to burn an image, or get the sd to scsi, the motherboard with the proper simm configuration. Someone has a board with 6 Simms on eBay. I’m asking if it is the 4 128mb and 2 64mb config

Yes. We still have repro carts and Darksoft gave me two to sell to fund the purchase of an Oscilloscope. :)

I usually do not include a CD since the image is available on the site here but if you need me to burn you a copy I can. I do recommend switching to a SCSi2SD though.

Hmm. Ok, Darksoft sent me a pm, do I buy it from him or you? I’m in the US. You guys work it out and PM me.

Back