What's new
Anyone have a lead on where else I can snag a reproduction cart shell? Bit-district is out of stock right now. If the Reproduction PCBs fit just fine in an OEM shell, I'm more than happy when a gutted OEM shell if someone has one floating around for whatever reason.

Yeah my printer is down at the moment but I hope to have some more cart shells in stock before tbe end of the month.
Awesome, 'Preciate the update! I just sent things through for a cart, so I've got a little bit of a wait ahead of my anyways. You'll definitely be getting some business from me whenever they come back up :D Thanks!

next week, @Mitsurugi-w will receive a new batch of carts and should be able to start shipping short after that. We are sending the carts on a first come first served, so if anyone wants to make sure that you get yours, please let me know and I'll send you the payment details.

Please excuse my naivety but it is better to have my Third Strike cart converted or buy a repro cart instead?

Hey fellas, long time lurker here but I have a CPS3 motherboard with nothing on it and I'm looking to get it running.
Would I be okay to get a repo cart and repo simms (+SD2SCSI pcb for the cd drive) to get it to run games?

Regarding the Memory, does the configuration need to be exactly 64x2 + 128x4 to run 3s? or could I for arguments sake get 6 128 simms?

And for the repo cart, if I was to get a hold of one does anything else need to be done (darksoft'd/modded) or is it ready to use with super bios?

Last edited:
Hello @Halrey

If you need to get all needed simms it can get expensive. Reproductions simms costs 50 usd (64mb) and 60 usd (128mb) and you need exactly 2x64mb and 4x128mb. That Is a total of 340 usd only for the simms.

For the repro cart you can either use a dead one and reprogram the bios or get a reproduction.

Scsi2sd is a must imho.

Regarding the Memory, does the configuration need to be exactly 64x2 + 128x4 to run 3s? or could I for arguments sake get 6 128 simms?
You can't use 128mb simms in place of 64mb.

And for the repo cart, if I was to get a hold of one does anything else need to be done (darksoft'd/modded) or is it ready to use with super bios?
The repro cart will come with the Superbios. It's Plug & play (well, plug, wait 45 minutes, then play).

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Sure sounds expensive but buying a 3s kit outright is quite expensive/rare these days anyway.

I already have one working cps3 kit inside a supergun now, but I feel wrong have a spare motherboard that doesn't get any use.

So, assuming all the repro parts are readily available to purchase, I'll hit you up again soon; once I get some money to my name :)

Thanks again.

Guys i was able to acquire a CPS3 mobo. Its 6 sim slow populated so i will assume it has the correct amount to run any game but i will verify once i get it.

1. How much are the repro carts going for and the shells for them? @Darksoft
2. Scsi2sd to sd is recommended, which one are you guys recommending that will work without issues?

Outside of supergun which i already have what else will I need?

Guys i was able to acquire a CPS3 mobo. Its 6 sim slow populated so i will assume it has the correct amount to run any game but i will verify once i get it.

1. How much are the repro carts going for and the shells for them? @Darksoft
2. Scsi2sd to sd is recommended, which one are you guys recommending that will work without issues?

Outside of supergun which i already have what else will I need?
1. You need 4x 128 and 2x 64 mbit simms. Repro carts are available through @Darksoft and @twistedsymphony designed a case you can have printed by a friend or at bit-district.
2. if you're running in a blast get the older red board 5.0b board. if you're on just about anything else you can use either but the green 5.1 board is more readily available. Check the scsi2sd thread for more info about this.

You also need a cps2/3 kick harness and the 2 joystick 12 button setup. How your supergun accepts the kicks I don't know, but they're not over JAMMA. I would also recommend getting board feet and mounting everything to a board which is secured in your cab (or solidly on your desk/table in this case).

Hi all,

I'd like to buy a repro cart and maybe 1 SIMM 64Mb and/or 1 SIMM 128Mb, since I don't know if the SIMMs I have are ok. @Darksoft , can you PM for details for purchase, including shipping to France, please?

Hello, is there anywhere/anyone that sells the CPS3 repro cart/can someone point me in the right direction? Checked Saveyourgames but they don’t appear to stock them.

Thank you.

I have some if you can't find anything more local. I'm in Canada

Back