What's new
Part of it is that I have SF3:NG but I want to have and play Third Strike. Obtaining a working 3S cart will only get increasingly harder but if I had the disc and could use that to legally play that would be ace - admittedly I don’t know what the licensing agreements for CPS3 games are. (Sorry if this is a frowned upon discussion point - it’s mainly about preservation.)

Part of it is that I have SF3:NG but I want to have and play Third Strike. Obtaining a working 3S cart will only get increasingly harder but if I had the disc and could use that to legally play that would be ace - admittedly I don’t know what the licensing agreements for CPS3 games are. (Sorry if this is a frowned upon discussion point - it’s mainly about preservation.)
For the purist that you are, your only option is to:
  1. Keep your SF3NG cart, CD, and maybe the optical drive too
  2. Dump the remnant parts of your CPS3 board on the open market, SIMM's and all and maybe the optical drive too
  3. Finally, picking up a complete CPS3 SF33S board from some where
Now you can play both 3S and NG in their original form.

As it stands, SF3NG does not have enough SIMM's to play 3S. You'll need more SIMM's, but since you are concerned with purity, there won't be anyone out there that will sell you their OG SIMM's. Of course, the reproduction SIMMS's (if there are any left) are out of the question for you. So best to get a complete unsuicided 3S board. Then you can switch out the carts and CD's.

The only way to use original CDs is with live carts. If someone figures out a way to revive the dead carts with the original keys then you can use the original disks. We can hope this can happen some day. They did just figure out how to revive CPS2 keys within the last two years. Maybe someone is working on CPS3? I've not heard of that tho.

The only way to use original CDs is with live carts. If someone figures out a way to revive the dead carts with the original keys then you can use the original disks. We can hope this can happen some day. They did just figure out how to revive CPS2 keys within the last two years. Maybe someone is working on CPS3? I've not heard of that tho.
I’m very new to CPS3 - so please, forgive my ignorance!

Are the CDs each encrypted differently (as in for each unique CD? Or just per title?) - is that why the live carts are required and we can’t just have one cart that can decrypt all the titles from original discs?

If I grab one, any chance I could get it shipped along with my neo geo cart?

Any more of these left or plans for a second production run?

Dumb question, what are these cartridges for? I have a jojo I want to turn into a multi.

Dumb question, what are these cartridges for? I have a jojo I want to turn into a multi.
Those cartridges are reproductions of the original cartridge and come already with the latest version of the multibios.

I've got the last 6 units of CPS3 Repro Carts. If you are interested on one PM me for more info. Thanks!

Back