What's new

KTD10

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently picked up a seemingly all original 4 Slot MVS Cabinet along with a few games. There have not been any real issues since I got it beyond needing to reinsert cartridges every now and again to fix a sound or display issue. As of yesterday it started not loading cartridges that have been previously working fine. It will load the Neo-Geo logo and then I would get a green screen and start over again. Sometime the game would load and then crash once you start playing it other times no logo straight to the hardware test screen.

Doesn't seem to matter what cartridges or slots I use now nothing will load. Issue did start after I put a cartridge I just purchased into the cabinet and started swapping things in and out.

I reset the RAM in the hardware test, pulled the board out and its really clean, battery is still there but it has no leaks or corrosion, don't see any corrosion on chips etc. Has the original Bios as well.

I'm a bit stumped feel like I'm missing something simple any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would start with cleaning your cart slots and carts. Having to reinsert carts to get sound/graphics fully working is an indication they are dirty. This can also lead to the crashes you have been seeing.

You may also want to verify your 5V rail is 5V at the jamma edge when the board is powered on. The MV4 is a power hog and it can cause the voltage to drop.

Thanks, I ended up cleaning everything out and putting it back together, seems much better now. I'll check the 5V rail next.

Back