What's new

ThisGuy

Professional
Reaction score
I got an taito x4 with magicians dead game, raphnet wii adapter, wii nunchuck, leap motion controller, k92x0331b rfid reader, and a k9101258a usb io board. I am planning on installing in a vewlix. 1st thing I noticed about usb io compared to jvs io in vewlix is the plug for controls is 62pin vs 60 but that an issue I can cross later cause I still can’t get the game to start. I have the usb io powered with 12v on pin 1, 5v on pin 2 and 3&4 both ground just with no controls wired yet since pin size is different. The board lights up when powered and the smoke didn’t come out thankfully so I suspect that may be good. The rfid reader is not currently wired up cause at moment I have no clue how to wire it. With all the above being said when I power up the x4 with all devices attached except for the rfid reader it sees the wii nunchuck and the leap motion controller but the usb io still does not get noticed as well as the rfid obviously. All three devices attached are plugged into a USB port on the x4. Does anyone have one of these or past experience with this and can please share some tips of what I’m missing or maybe share manual or link to it?

I'm not familiar with your particular setup, but since I own two complete official MD kits I should be able to help you out.

First of all, these kits did include a new harness to make them compatible with the new USB I/O, which has 64 pins. This new harness also comes with a female Amp Up connector, which mates with the Amp Up connector from the RFID reader. Also, as long as the system can't find either the RFID reader, the Nunchuk, or the Motion Sensor, the game won't start. Plus, all the accessories have to go into the correct USB ports for them to be recognized by the TTX4.

Forgive the crappy picture, but it's got to do. White USB = Motion Sensor, Black USB = Nunchuk, Red USB = USB I/O
Pd0gZIO.jpg

@kioku25 thanks for that info and the pic. When I get home I will try putting each accessory in the usb plug you have them in. I guess the game still won’t start without the rfid and I will need that new harness for it. Do you happen to have a pic, part number and/or pin out of the new harness for md?

If you do end up ordering stuff from Taitotech, please let me know. My kits only included the motion sensor bar brackets for Diamond Vewlixes, but since I've got an FC and an L-AMI I'd need two different sets of brackets. Maybe we could work something out.
Easier for you to just order on your own. EMS shipping charges from Japan to Europe are very reasonable. The wire transfer to Japan costs like 5 euros at my bank.

You just need the Taito part number for the bracket.

That's fine and dandy, but last I checked they had a 200$ order minimum, hence why I suggested going in on an order with ThisGuy.

That might be! My orders have always been more than that. Joystick brackets are always in short supply in Europe, tack on a few of those and sell them locally.

Joystick brackets, really? I might give it shot, provided Taito even sells these brackets piecemeal.

Thanks again. It looks like we have the same rfid but mine has 2 plugs labeled N1 and N2 where yours looks to have one maybe labeled V. The wiring diagram may have been compressed some during upload and isn’t really readable now any chance you can upload a clearer pic if possible. I may try to contact taito to order the harness cause making it myself seems like it would take a lot of time. Do you know part numbers of what you’d like to order. I can add it to my list when I email them for a quote although I’m in New York and you’re in Germany not totally sure if it would end up being cheaper for you but I’m willing to help if you need.
I also just tried putting all accessories in positions you had them in even though I still don’t have rfid. The nunchuck and leap controller both show ok but the usb io still shows ng. The message on screen after boot says “please call the shop. I/O Biden error(not sure what Biden has to do with this :P ) an error has occurred in the i/o device. Please check if the connection with the usb io is broken. Error 200
5ED741F1-C270-4043-A8E6-E43B4599593C.jpeg

edit: didn’t notice the minimum i guess it then makes sense to get in on order

Attachments

• 2819D772-D040-4761-A708-395A22166FFB.png
    2819D772-D040-4761-A708-395A22166FFB.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 152
If you could show me a picture of the Japanese text, I could probably explain the Biden error to you :) .

About the RFID readers, at least the base board seems to be the same, but those readers you've got are AFAIK from a Dissidia Final Fantasy cab and unless you figure out the pinout on those, I can't see how you could use them for MD. I will send you a clearer picture of the wiring diagram shortly.

The brackets I need are called "DISPLAY BASE STAY [E3021374]". And I would need two sets of them. I'm not in a hurry, so having them shipped over from the US doesn't bother me one bit. The motion sensor works fine without any brackets, but it sits about a centimeter (0,39 inch) to low without 'em.

EDIT: For the pinout of those RFID readers you've got, maybe this will help you: https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...ica-rfid-card-readers-k92x0331b-pinout.13923/

Last edited:
I think you’re right about it being from final fantasy cab. That wiring diagram is great! From that diagram I can even figure out the pin outs for the rfid.
Are those brackets for mounting the sensor and the nunchuck on the panel. If so I should probably order one too.
Here are some pics of errors on boot:
429873F2-F1B8-4F05-A83F-E875E861C08C.jpeg

Attachments

• BA414C63-DB0C-46AC-8CE8-23E6C55D7D30.jpeg
    BA414C63-DB0C-46AC-8CE8-23E6C55D7D30.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 145
I don't see anything even remotely connected to Biden :) . The relevant part "Nyuushutsuryoku souchi eraa" literally means Input Output Device Error.

Those brackets are for keeping the motion sensor bar in place. When mounted, the motion sensor takes the place of the move strip.
Official kits include a control panel overlay, with one button + start. The nunchuk is mounted on there as well.
I've put mine up on the wall for the time being.

Last edited:
Google translate app isn’t always correct apparently. Thanks for clearing the Biden thing up.
That’s a nice setup you got there. I may try to buy one of those brackets then too.
If I buy the new harness from taito I will need to redo plug on my rfid. Is ylr-08v the correct plug to buy for that when compared to yours?

Yes, those brackets are what you need for the Vewlix L/F series. For the Diamond series you'd want the DISPLAY BASE BRACKET [E3021373]

The plug is most likely a YLR-12V. I say most likely because the digikey description is probably wrong. "Number of rows" is 3 and not 2.
At least there are 3 rows on my plug.

EDIT: By the way, looking at those screenshots you posted, there exists an even later version: 2.0.4 of the game. If the image wasn't ~180GB in size I'd upload it somewhere for you.

Last edited:
Cool I didn’t realize there were 3 rows I thought it was 2. I’ll order that and send email to taito about a quote and let you know what they say. Thanks again for all the help.

Not to change gears - anyone know the best process to upgrade magicians dead to next blazing?

Not to change gears - anyone know the best process to upgrade magicians dead to next blazing?
I’d be interested in knowing that too but still waiting to hear back from taito for a quote for parts to get this running. They said to me “Some makers are taking summer vacation, we will let you know when we get availability for the parts.“

I'm pretty sure that those updates were only distributed online through NESICAxLive. Your best bet would probably be the Magicians Dead dump, that's floating around the net, since that seems to be of Next Blazing 2.0.1.

Back