Professional
Reaction score
what is this s**t?
anyone saw this thing before?

Attachments

• 20200808_211601.jpg
    20200808_211601.jpg
    934.8 KB · Views: 537
It's a bootleg. Someone converted the original game into Die Hard and used EPROMs... Quite common, actually.

maybe die hard was converted into something else...

Maybe the card was hard to die :thumbsup: Aka die hard arcade special revenge of the boots

Seems to be a fair few STV boots these days. More than I realised.

Radiant Silvergun boots I get. Diehard boots I don’t. Maybe they’re from back in the day when that game was popular?

It's not like there's a stellar lineup of STV games. Die Hard is in the top 10 so worthy of booting, I suppose.

Not at all in this day and age. It’s one of the most common carts alongside Winter Heat.

If you put Radiant and Die Hard side by side in any western arcade past or present, Die Hard would make ten times the income of Radiant.

Agreed. I was referring moreso to the ratio of Die Hard carts on the used market against other titles.

Point I was trying to make is the time spent bootlegging a Die Hard cart is kinda useless, if it was indeed a recent one.

what is this s**t?
anyone saw this thing before?
mine looks identical to that
i was like what the shit as well when i first saw it.
looks dodgy as hell but works fine

what are the chips??
i thought the smd roms where equal or bigger than the largest available dil package??

Agreed. I was referring moreso to the ratio of Die Hard carts on the used market against other titles.
Even though there were a ton of original carts doesn't mean there wasn't demand for more. It was a popular game. Bootlegs were probably sold for less too.

Same reason there are ton of Puzzle Bobble bootlegs out there even though originals are super common too.

You’re missing my point. I’m not talking about the past, Die Hard Arcades popularity or it’s ability to make money.

I’m strictly speaking about bootlegging this particular title in the present in relation to used carts available on the market CURRENTLY in 2020. Pointless.

I'm 100% sure nobody is making bootlegs of Die Hard in 2020.

i dont know, how much do they sell for on ebay?

given the increasing prices of boards and the decreasing price of eproms and flashchips on aliexpress i wouldnt be surprised at anything now.

When the alternative is making Silvergun or Cotton conversions, yeah, I don't see it.

Bare carts sell for about $25-30. You'd probably pay $50 on eBay, because, eBay.

I'll probably give it away for free when I'll sell the board

Back