What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
This is an issue I've run into with the CPS1, where depending on the game the dip switches do different things. It looks to me like all games use the same settings on the Sega 16B. Is this the case (searched for an answer, but could find nothing definitive)?

[From Shinobi service manual]
shinobi.png

It’s not the case unfortunately. Different games do have different DIP settings.

Some settings do differ.

From memory dip 1 on bank 2 on Shinobi which controls cabinet type (flips the screen for cocktail cabs) causes conflict with other games. I remember having it to ON so that the screen wasn't upsidedown for the second player on Shinobi, and this caused another game to have a different setting I didn't want applied.

It’s not the case unfortunately. Different games do have different DIP settings.
Bummer.... so in the case of a multi game setup, what’s recommended? Is it primarily the screen flip, or are there others I should worry about?

Me, I just set everything to off. I like attract mode sound, so I usually find that and turn it on. Basically, find what settings work for you on your favorite game on a multi and go from there. If those settings do not work for another game on the multi then consult manual online.

Me, I just set everything to off. I like attract mode sound, so I usually find that and turn it on. Basically, find what settings work for you on your favorite game on a multi and go from there. If those settings do not work for another game on the multi then consult manual online.
Main thing I’m after is free play (and I’d like to have difficulty set to normal), but my concern was that I didn’t think to do anything with the dips after installing the multi kit and putting it in my cab. So it’s currently set to whatever Altered Beast was set to.

Edit: pulled the board, and looks like everything is off. May just leave it as is.

Last edited:
With my one 16b game "Aurail" the free play setting causes the game to be stuck on the title screen with 1 credit, so you don't get attract mode.

With my one 16b game "Aurail" the free play setting causes the game to be stuck on the title screen with 1 credit, so you don't get attract mode.
I just tried it in Mame. If you set the game to free play, there's no attract sequence.

Back