What's new

msamiullah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I recently acquired a SF3 2nd impact and the battery reads around 0.3 volt. Would it be already dead ( I do not have a CPS3 board to test it) ?

Does anyone know at what voltage these become dead ?

thanks

I believe they're supposed to be 3.6v. So yes, if it's measuring at .3v like you said, it's more than likely suicide.

3V batteries usually read 3.3 Volts when they are brand new.

In any case those 0.3 Volts means that the ram where the keys are hold is gone, so your cartridge is dead.

Reminds me, I better replace the battery on my 3s cart soon. Now where is that damn security bit.

I believe they're supposed to be 3.6v. So yes, if it's measuring at .3v like you said, it's more than likely suicide.
It cannot be 3.6V as the battery capcom used was 3V.
I am not familiar with the CPS3 battery situation. I figured they were the same as the CPS2 (Which uses a 3.6 axial battery). But either way a 0.3v reading on the battery means the battery has lost it's charge and the cart is dead.

Last edited:

In any case those 0.3 Volts means that the ram where the keys are hold is gone, so your cartridge is dead.
Thanks Darksoft. Too bad the cartridge was mint !!!

Isn't 2nd Impact the version that for some reason can't actually suicide because the decryption key was all FF FF FF or something like that? If so, wouldn't the cart still work fine once the battery is fully removed from it?

Isn't 2nd Impact the version that for some reason can't actually suicide because the decryption key was all FF FF FF or something like that? If so, wouldn't the cart still work fine once the battery is fully removed from it?
Can Darksoft or anyone please confirm this ?

yes that is correct, remove the battery and it will work as normal.

Back