What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So finally have a solution for mounting not just my STV multi, but also my Sega 16b multi.

Built a wooden frame, the intent is that it slides into the back of the cabinet around the metal coin box. STV mounted on one side, 16B on the other.
IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg

Fastened the STV game selector switch box to the mounting posts, and put a LOT of posts around the CPUs that always pop lose, finishing it off with the top half of a Lyons acrylic case for extra rigidity.

Whole mess slides into the back and around the coin cage with my CPS1 multi next to the 16B and my Demon Front single board PCB next to the STV (MVS-2F is up above and theres a MVS-1B with a multi-cart above the Demon Front board).
IMG_0678.jpg

Game selector panel then is accessible through the front maintenance panel.
IMG_0679.jpg

All in all, fairly pleased with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 218
Looks very clean and well thought out! How do you change the PCBs?

I also ordered a MVS one slot board just for the Darksoft Multi MVS because it does not work that well with my 4 slot board I'm running in my cabinet...

I also ordered a MVS one slot board just for the Darksoft Multi MVS because it does not work that well with my 4 slot board I'm running in my cabinet...
I'm using the RiddledTV EZ 8 way switcher: https://riddledtv.com/arcade/ez.html

Basically, hold down P1 Start and P2 Start to switch to the next board. It's a nice system in that it includes a good JAMMA extension system using a dedicated four pin power cable and IDE cables for the rest of the connection. It also only powers one board at a time, so no issues with power/audio feedback loops.\

Very important! If your cabinet is wired for a multi slot MVS board, it is NOT JAMMA. I use the JNX Big Red adapters (granted at this point I should have just rewired the cabinet, but the scope of my frankin-MVS has grown over time). A single slot MVS will need an adapter, or you'll have issues with the audio amp (stereo vs mono) and could damage speakers and your PCB.

I like it, elegant solution. :)

Nice use of that deadspace behind the coin box. I'm contemplating doing the same for CPS-2 and CPS-3 as they're worth being in a cab full time.

Nice use of that deadspace behind the coin box. I'm contemplating doing the same for CPS-2 and CPS-3 as they're worth being in a cab full time.
Going to mount my CPS2 on the back of my cabinet. That way I can hot swap the JAMMA connector for it to other boards. Of course I still need to figure out a kick harness solution to get the most use out of it. Same reason I’ve not gone for a CPS3. Much as I would like to play Red Earth I’ve only got a four button Neo Geo panel.

I'm using the RiddledTV EZ 8 way switcher: https://riddledtv.com/arcade/ez.html
Basically, hold down P1 Start and P2 Start to switch to the next board. It's a nice system in that it includes a good JAMMA extension system using a dedicated four pin power cable and IDE cables for the rest of the connection. It also only powers one board at a time, so no issues with power/audio feedback loops.\

Very important! If your cabinet is wired for a multi slot MVS board, it is NOT JAMMA. I use the JNX Big Red adapters (granted at this point I should have just rewired the cabinet, but the scope of my frankin-MVS has grown over time). A single slot MVS will need an adapter, or you'll have issues with the audio amp (stereo vs mono) and could damage speakers and your PCB.
I knew the answer... :D It's on my list, I would like to buy one. Currently I'm switching my games by hand. This is totally fine, but such switcher would be more convenient!

Yes I'm using the JNX Big Red Adapter too, it's a good product. I'm running a Pi2Jamma with an extra external audio amp for stereo sound and I like it. But I understand what you mean. This way multiple adapters are needed.

Going to mount my CPS2 on the back of my cabinet. That way I can hot swap the JAMMA connector for it to other boards. Of course I still need to figure out a kick harness solution to get the most use out of it. Same reason I’ve not gone for a CPS3. Much as I would like to play Red Earth I’ve only got a four button Neo Geo panel.
Isn't there a Auxiliary Relay Board from riddledtv that can be used for your kick harness? I think you could also build something like this really easy by hand.

Here are the documentation for the relay board:
https://riddledtv.com/arcade/6way_Switcher_Aux_Relay.pdf

I'm using the RiddledTV EZ 8 way switcher: https://riddledtv.com/arcade/ez.htmlBasically, hold down P1 Start and P2 Start to switch to the next board. It's a nice system in that it includes a good JAMMA extension system using a dedicated four pin power cable and IDE cables for the rest of the connection. It also only powers one board at a time, so no issues with power/audio feedback loops.\

I knew the answer... :D It's on my list, I would like to buy one. Currently I'm switching my games by hand. This is totally fine, but such switcher would be more convenient!
Yes I'm using the JNX Big Red Adapter too, it's a good product. I'm running a Pi2Jamma with an extra external audio amp for stereo sound and I like it. But I understand what you mean. This way multiple adapters are needed.

Isn't there a Auxiliary Relay Board from riddledtv that can be used for your kick harness? I think you could also build something like this really easy by hand.
Here are the documentation for the relay board:
https://riddledtv.com/arcade/6way_Switcher_Aux_Relay.pdf
The problem is not the relay, or switching between systems. The problem is I only have four buttons per player and I don't want to drill holes in my original MVS panel to add more. What I'm working on is using a USB decoder, so that on the rare occasions I want to play a fighting game that needs a kick harness I can use a USB fighting stick.

Yes I looks like it does the job of a big red adapter. But I’m not 100% sure. Just ask @XianXi to be sure :)

Yes I looks like it does the job of a big red adapter. But I’m not 100% sure. Just ask @XianXi to be sure :)
Yup, sent him a PM on the subject, already lined up for a couple more Big Red adapters if these will do the job that would be preferable for my CPS1&2.

I’ll be getting an stv soon and this is a great idea!

Back