What's new
My neighbor finished the wheels yesterday. This was the last piece before I could reassemble even though I’m still waiting on some extra locks and cps2 mounting brackets.

p88mODh.jpg

What a fantastic work!

I want to thank you for documenting the process. I'm planning on restoring my own New Atro City soon and this tips will come very very handy.

What a fantastic work!

I want to thank you for documenting the process. I'm planning on restoring my own New Atro City soon and this tips will come very very handy.
Of course! Happy to hear you’ve got some good tips from this. Also, check the restore I’m doing now on a blast to find a few extra good tips on cleaning a dirty arcade with lots of nicotine and smoke residue.

Great job! Specially with the wheels. If you started to sell those trimmed wheels, I'd order a pair for sure!!

Thought I would throw in a quick update here. I managed to get the correct cable strain for the power supply panel and install that although the lighting wasn't good to capture any photos of this so far. Here is a link to an old Amazon page where it is no longer available for purchase, but will give an idea of what to look for if anyone else needs to replace this thing. In all honesty, I think a better approach would have been to just replace the strain relief with on of those 3 prong plugs similar to what the Blast City has so I could plug/unplug in any cable I wanted. But, what I have now will work fine.

The dimensions for the Astro City cable strain/relief (for the US located people) are as follows: 35/64" x 5/8" hole, 11/32" cord diameter

41vmJ0PfIML.jpg

Secondly, I had some issues with the panel I bought (see this discussion) and ended up getting two panels from @alberto1225. He had previously sent me with no charge some control panel bolts & nuts that I had not yet been able to find which was very kind. I got two panels because I ultimately want this to be a two player setup but considering I'm the one that will be playing 99% of the time by myself I also wanted a 1 player panel so I could take full advantage of being centered. Well, the panels arrived within only about 4 days from Taiwan and they look amazing. Alberto was also really nice and helped me by sending some control panel screws that I had lost somehow during the restoration process.

UF38mB0.jpg

q4JqCwy.jpg

NpLSiqu.jpg

tFqMznE.jpg

The quality of these panels is unrivaled. Given the issues I had with the other panel, I decided to just get traditional colored screw in buttons to go in these panels. In other news, the Sega locks I bought from China (5 Sega 5380 locks) arrived looking great but without a key. This was an oversight of mine, but unfortunate since I can't really use them without a key. I've now obtained quite the collection of locks but I want 5 of the same type for the Astro City and 4 of the same type for the Blast City. At some point I will have to sell off some of these locks, but for right now, I decided to just go ahead and buy a set of 5 Sega 5575 locks that actually had a set of keys included. This means when I eventually get around to restoring the blast city I'll have the same locks used on both arcades. I currently had 4 Sega 5575 locks sitting around, I lubricated and installed them in the Astro City just leaving one of the control panel lock slots empty for now. Lubricating with this Teflon lock lubricant worked wonders.

61tvsIQz09L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Here is a updated link for the cable strain.

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/strain-relief-3564-x-58-hole-1132-cord-diameter

Back