What's new
Mitsu - that was a very good read and I can relate.. Owning a business is hard, dealing with the people that work for you is not hard, the financial responsibilities is what keeps you up at night all the time, specially when things are slow.. You know makes that harder, having a singnicicant other that does not help, understand the your finacial obligations with the business and personal and only complains and add zero value. Any how man.. I wish you success in your new adventure and great riches..Kick ass and take names.

Congrats and good luck brother!

I have a couple of clients that own apt buildings in ohio and always complain how they are not doing well. I'll tell'em maybe to look into buying into your franchise, you never know.

Last edited:
Congrats! It's always better changing jobs by choice, not by force. (The company I work for just announced an "organizational restructuring" which means I'll be on edge for the next few months. Ugggggggggggh).

(The company I work for just announced an "organizational restructuring" which means I'll be on edge for the next few months. Ugggggggggggh).
d635d63d6ada5af04902a4e10ec691bc.jpg

"organizational restructuring"
Man that is code word for we are going to mess you all up and get rid of some people. My wife used to work for one of the large Pharma companies and when they did their "organizational restructuring" they let go of like 5K employees.

best of luck my friend. I guess now I have to find some other local schmuck to fix my shit when it breaks. :P

I know it's far for you, but I really hope you can make it to Lost Ark.
Pay for my flight and pick me up at RDU. No probz.

You know makes that harder, having a singnicicant other that does not help, understand the your finacial obligations with the business and personal and only complains and add zero value.
Yeah. Luckily I have no family of my own. No wife, no kids. So this move won't be as difficult as it could be. I've seen really good managers tap out of the business because their wives didn't understand why they worked so much. It seems the really successful owners are the ones whose significant others have at least some involvement in the business. They understand how hard we work and they find out that EVERY penny counts. They see that getting their nails done is not important when the electric bill is due tomorrow. Ask my ex-fiancee what happens if you try to guilt me into buying you something unnecessary when I'm trying to make ends meet already....

Uncle Sam treats all of us like we are millionaires screwing over the little people that work for us. They tax us to death and then try to raise minimum wage to $15 an hour. I think good employees deserve to be paid more but why should I pay an unproven employee that much money? Most people I hire don't survive their third day. Does a high school kid deserve $15 an hour????? Shit I can think of no small businesses that can afford that. Prepare for really bad service at many places you go to because there will be no choice but to cut back on staff to survive if it goes up to $15 an hour. They also want to raise manager minimum salary from $500 a week to $1000 a week. Well that will put 75% of small businesses out of business. I can't afford that and my stores do well. The government is just clueless. Why not lower the burden on the middle and lower class rather than just keep increasing the burden on people who really work hard and provide the most jobs in this country? The small business owners.

Hey Mitsu. Very excited to hear that the plan is coming together. If theres anything we can do or if you just need to vent, we're here. I know you'll do fine in Ohio.

Keep us updated and let's try to go have some fun before you move.

You know makes that harder, having a singnicicant other that does not help, understand the your finacial obligations with the business and personal and only complains and add zero value.
Yeah. Luckily I have no family of my own. No wife, no kids. So this move won't be as difficult as it could be. I've seen really good managers tap out of the business because their wives didn't understand why they worked so much. It seems the really successful owners are the ones whose significant others have at least some involvement in the business. They understand how hard we work and they find out that EVERY penny counts. They see that getting their nails done is not important when the electric bill is due tomorrow. Ask my ex-fiancee what happens if you try to guilt me into buying you something unnecessary when I'm trying to make ends meet already....
Uncle Sam treats all of us like we are millionaires screwing over the little people that work for us. They tax us to death and then try to raise minimum wage to $15 an hour. I think good employees deserve to be paid more but why should I pay an unproven employee that much money? Most people I hire don't survive their third day. Does a high school kid deserve $15 an hour????? Shit I can think of no small businesses that can afford that. Prepare for really bad service at many places you go to because there will be no choice but to cut back on staff to survive if it goes up to $15 an hour. They also want to raise manager minimum salary from $500 a week to $1000 a week. Well that will put 75% of small businesses out of business. I can't afford that and my stores do well. The government is just clueless. Why not lower the burden on the middle and lower class rather than just keep increasing the burden on people who really work hard and provide the most jobs in this country? The small business owners.
please teach me the ways of the business kung fu o great one. I am not worthy for such honor but anything to reach the next goal of expanding and putting more cabs in the restaurant.

Zero- I now that you are taking to Mitsu but here is a few words from our sponsors..I am going to quote a great master (my oldest brother) - "Brother the most important business contract that you will ever make, MARRIAGE..DON'T DO IT". I thought that he was wayyyyy off when he told me that but you know.. The older I get, the more that I understand how life work and what happens to your assets when you do marrie and what can happen during a dispute or a divorce.. i have not married and when that conversation comes up my reply is, sure win the lottery and I have no problems marrying you; technically when I guy says "I do" and marries a girl, that is like wining the lottery but for the girl. If you do not undestand what I am saying that is OK too because it took me a bit to undestand:)

Zero- I now that you are taking to Mitsu but here is a few words from our sponsors..I am going to quote a great master (my oldest brother) - "Brother the most important business contract that you will ever make, MARRIAGE..DON'T DO IT". I thought that he was wayyyyy off when he told me that but you know.. The older I get, the more that I understand how life work and what happens to your assets when you do marrie and what can happen during a dispute or a divorce.. i have not married and when that conversation comes up my reply is, sure win the lottery and I have no problems marrying you; technically when I guy says "I do" and marries a girl, that is like wining the lottery but for the girl. If you do not undestand what I am saying that is OK too because it took me a bit to undestand:)
Its called a prenup. The marriage part will only be beneficial as emotional support. If you get lucky, your partner will help out with the business. The bar 2 stores down was open for 1/2 year and was closed down because it put a strain on the family so he chose family (supposedly). New rumor came out a few months later that he starts businesses and then sells them.

Congratulations and good luck on the new ventures. Lucky for me I won't need batteries changed for a couple more years.

Hey hey hey! Congrats. To commemorate all this good news and run with this fortune life has provided to you, I am going to buy a Mega Millions ticket, win the jackpot, then help you move those machines to Ohio.

Hey hey hey! Congrats. To commemorate all this good news and run with this fortune life has provided to you, I am going to buy a Mega Millions ticket, win the jackpot, then help you move those machines to Ohio.
That would be kind. How about the house to put them in? lol

I'll be leaving everything here in storage and will be living in an apartment until I decide to buy a new house. I figure it may take a year or so.

Back