What's new
I have my setup mostly back to a functional state. I can begin resuming most services now. If you have contacted me in the last month about a service I was unable to render because of my move then please contact me again. Thanks guys!
Sweet! I'll be sending you a PM soon.

I make my own schedule so probably too much sleep. I need to go back to NC to pick some things up. I left my postal scale and wifi printer back in NC also which will slow me down on return shipping.

Thanks for the kind words.

I make my own schedule so probably too much sleep. I need to go back to NC to pick some things up. I left my postal scale and wifi printer back in NC also which will slow me down on return shipping.

Thanks for the kind words.
You didn't leave me your keys. I'm heading up to Ohio on Sunday.

Ok, I got it.

Mitsu, call someone to gather up your stuff. Wait for zero to call. Transfer said stuff to zero, who brings said stuff to Ohio, then transfers said stuff to you. You continue to amaze and delight the arcade community with said stuff.

All is right in the world.

Enough said about said stuff...

:D

Last edited:
I leave tonight from Wendell, so if you want hit me up before 6pm. I'll be going to Akron, OH to pick up a special cab.

So I actually had a pretty good day today. This morning I was looking for a CRT TV or PVM on craigslist before I went to work. I have an LCD on my test bench which works fine for most things but is really horrible for testing CPS3. I need it to lock the signal immediately to test the security carts. It's impossible to tell what the problem is with the cart on the LCD. Yeah, it's ok if the cart is working but for an improperly working cart I need a CRT to see what is happening. A dead cart, improperly soldered bios, and improperly soldered SH-2 act differently but the screen won't show on the LCD. Shows no signal. Well I saw a few potential candidates and sent some messages.

Right before I left there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and there was a box sitting there. It was the PS1 I ordered for the PSIO I was gifted! Put it on the couch and headed on the 30 minute drive to the store I oversee by campus of UC. But as I'm leaving my apartment complex I have to drive by the dumpsters. I saw a TV that wasn't there last night and originally I drove by but but turned around after about 100 feet or so. Shit. This could be just what I need. I examine it and see it's a 27" RCA TruFlat TV. It has a cable jack, digital antenna jack, rear and side RCAs, S-Video, and component inputs. Sweet! But wait......the power cord is cut!! Why the hell? Maybe that's all that's wrong. Either way I have good CRT repair skills so I can probably fix it. So I throw it in the back seat of the car and head to work.

I return home after about 6 or 7 hours of work and take a nap, watch RAW and then decide to take a look at it. I open it up and replace the power cable by using a cheap extension cable I cut the end off of. Plug it in and hit power and boom! It starts right up. So I hook my SuperGUN up to the rear RCA jacks since I don't have a remote and can't change the inputs to anything other than rear RCA. It starts up and looks decent. My SuperGUN doesn't look great via RCAs even though it has a JROK. But wait. There is this awesome phone app that works as remotes for so many different things and this TV is no different. So I am able to switch it to S-Video and the picture looks really good. Is it worth using the components with the JROK instead? Never tried.

2qut2lc.jpg

15db294.jpg

BTW I went ahead and installed the PSIO switchboard and tested out my PSIO using the SD card I had to pull from Darksoft's kit before I mailed it to him. ;)

nb26c7.jpg

I'll play with it more after work today. It's 4:30AM and I need to work in 6 hours.

They have lottery sales in Ohio Mits? Squeeze that good fortune for all its worth.

it's funny mitsu, I have that EXACT Tube TV! I've owned it for 12 years and would love to hack it for a Scart output, the problem is... it randomly turned off one day and won't turn back on :(

I agree that it displays images NICELY which is why I'd like to get it working again. Any thought on what to check internally?

Check chassis fuse of course. It's right next to the grey power plug. There may be another one on the chassis also.

After that check for cold solder on all of the transistors. I didn't look on this set when I had it open but the HOT is often part of a larger IC compared to the arcade versions. So it may have many more than 3 legs. Look for the transistors on the heat sinks first. I've seen some that had such bad cold solder you could wiggle it out. Usually just resoldering them fixes it.

If that doesn't do it there are other things to try.

Check chassis fuse of course. It's right next to the grey power plug. There may be another one on the chassis also.

After that check for cold solder on all of the transistors. I didn't look on this set when I had it open but the HOT is often part of a larger IC compared to the arcade versions. So it may have many more than 3 legs. Look for the transistors on the heat sinks first. I've seen some that had such bad cold solder you could wiggle it out. Usually just resoldering them fixes it.

If that doesn't do it there are other things to try.
Thanks, dude. It's at my folks house so I'll have to pick it up.

I'm in NC for the week doing training. Currently in our Tarboro location. (Very well run store)

Back