What's new
Our house is seriously looking into doing a hipster coffee shop with arcade games in San Diego. There’s now a barcade chain with two locations that is doing well in town, but at school I’ve heard a lot of the under 21 crowd say they want to go, but they can’t. The retro gaming thing is catching on with the kids whose first systems were GameCube and PS2 lol. My old boss in the Navy is interested in funding the shop IF his old buddy comes through with finding a location close to the San Diego State University campus.

May start importing as well. My roommate Yusuke used to work for an import company that supplied all the Japanese grocery stores in town so he knows a thing or two about filling containers.

This is all a big IF still, as I still am a 31 year old full-time university student and I only have so much energy lol. If it all happens, we’re looking at 2020. Plan B is for us to open a bar in Yokosuka. Spent ten years in the Navy, so I know how to advertise to squids lol. Capital isn’t a problem there either as Yusuke’s dad is a big shot in the city. Maybe if I live there I can help out fill containers for someone awesome like Mitsu : )

arcades seem like they can never return your investment by the time the 10k machine pays itself off its lost interest and outdated one machine I defiantly would have around drunk people though is punching strength games GOLD mine

[UD EDIT: made readable] Arcades seem like they can never return your investment. By the time the $10k machine pays itself off, it's lost interest and outdated. One machine I definitely would have around drunk people though is punching strength games. GOLD mine.
Perhaps the key is not buying $10k machines. Now days, you have to be a Dave n Busters to afford stuff like that and still turn a profit.
-ud

congrats mitsu,

your story is inspirational, thank you for sharing.

Moving is stress---ful. No way to slice it. But once you get settled you are gonna be gratified from accomplishing these challenges ahead.

with support,
cwx2

congrats mitsu,

your story is inspirational, thank you for sharing.

Moving is stress---ful. No way to slice it. But once you get settled you are gonna be gratified from accomplishing these challenges ahead.

with support,
cwx2
Well the Ohio thing didn't work out and was not what was expected/promised so I'm trying to decide what to do going forward.

I have plenty of arcade work to keep you busy! Will send you a PM once have a few things sorted.

Anyone in Ohio that can give Mitsu his birthday punches?
I'm always late to the party, sorry for the fiasco, none the less you really are not missing much here!
Corn, Cows, and Gray Skys all the time.

Tis a shame, I could have helped with both your birthday punches, and your car problems.

*salute*

So...what happened next?

Attachments

• 1118full-fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-screenshot.jpg
    1118full-fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-screenshot.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 134
Yeah all.of that was fun (or not). I'm back in NC and only doing arcade stuff for money. Kind of glad I was out of the restaurant business during COVID though my former company had their biggest same store sales increases in a long time last year during the "pandemic".

They successfully adapted and thrived. Thats what successful businesses do.

As a side note I talked to a few higher-ups in my old company and they now realize I did the best I could in Ohio with what I had. The superstar they sent to replace me had the same struggles and failures that I did. The situation was just not something we could recover from due to decisions by the former franchisee. I've discussed returning to work for the company, just not actually in the stores. I can physically do the store shit anymore. For now multis are paying the bills.

Congrats Mitsu! Good things come to good people, my family will pray that Ohio is welcoming and successful to you. Let me add this I am from SC and i know NC is great state. OH is too ;)

Back