What's new

chaoschao

Student
Reaction score
Hi there! I have a Vega Jr. control box that I use for all my arcade games. I've been using composite forever now and I would really like to upgrade. I have some HD Retrovision Genesis 2 cables on the way and was wondering if it's possible to use those (with a custom adapter, of course) on my Vega. I also have an original RGB cable made for the Vega/Sigma line of control boxes, but it's wired for JP21, and I don't have anything that accepts RGB over that pinout. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

You could convert the RGB signal to component using a SCART to Component converter?

I considered doing that but I can't seem to find a good place to get a SCART cable for the Vega. retro-access and retrogamingcables seem to never have them in stock. Otaku's Store makes one, though I've never heard of them until now, and I don't know what the quality is like.

I had the same issue with getting a Boardmaster cable from RGC. I sent them an email and they had it in stock for me in a matter of days. Worth a try?

Alright, I'll shoot them an e-mail and see what comes of it. Thanks so much for the help!

I also use to play with Vega Jr. supergun, my RGB cable is taken from a PAL Megadrive 1 model.

Just an update for anyone interested; I e-mailed RGC about the cable 5 days ago and have not recieved a response. I may take the advice of @Layer33 and try to get a Mega Drive RGB cable for my Vega instead. If anyone has any other ideas, I welcome you to chime in. Thanks everyone, cheers.

Back