What's new

Simon

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been working on my own supergun enclosure for my ZN-2 board. I wanted a nice way to connect to the stereo header on the board and support that. The audio is amplified, so it had to be attenuated. The attenuation circuit is based on the Sanwa VC-J documented here. Thanks to Muf and DanAdamKOF for showing it to me. Since it's a stereo output I had to double it.

It's mounted by a single standoff, and is supported by the connector that sits on the stereo header.

Donation link: https://paypal.me/zn2stereo

Files: https://github.com/simonlc/zn2stereo

V1
zn2-stereo-breakout-front.jpg

V2
_DSF8696.jpg

Attachments

• zn2-stereo-breakout-installed.jpg
    zn2-stereo-breakout-installed.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 735
  • _DSF8693.jpg
    _DSF8693.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
This is great. Do you plan to be making these or releasing the design?

I've had a few people show interest, so maybe I'll make more if enough people want one. As for the design I could release it if people are interested in having their own boards made. I honestly wont spend the time on it if no one wants that.

wow, must be fate...I JUST picked up a ZN-2 w/ rival schools and techromancer...count me as interested if you ever release a BOM/Gerbers :thumbsup: definitely up for buying one assembled too if thats the route you chose to go down

Would be interested in printing some up for any Aussies if you’re able to release the files. If not, I’ll support and grab one from you if you make them.

I too would be interested in one of these for my ZN 2 board. The rival school goodness in glorious Stereo~

Awesome to see some interest! :) I will have to make some adjustments to the board to get a perfect fit. I was also wondering if people prefer having a volume pot or not on there, and what the preference for 3.5mm vs phono is. I've seen a few other similar boards to this which use phono instead.

just for consistency, I think I would personally prefer phono/av type sockets. The more common/popular capcom boards already have those by default, and most other stereo projects are going that route, so it would be easy to swap cables to and from boards instead of needing an extra 3.5mm as an outlier.

RCA jack's or phono is fine, im good with the consensus....I would like the volume pot if possible though.....it would make it much easier to adjust volumes....but I'm in for one of these, when they get produced.

thinking about how many ZN PCBs I own I'm probably gonna need like 20 of these lol

I'd be happy to source components and solder together myself if you're selling the PCBs alone.

Back