What's new

Aaronr33

Student
Reaction score
Would I be able to upgrade a raider fighters cartridge rom files to raiden fighters jet?

not too familiar with SPI systems.

I know the main boards “update” with new game booting, but have not heard of swapping rom files on the actual cartridges.

This question has been asked a few times.

the short answer is: NO

Raiden Fighters Jet uses a unique security chip so you would have to patch the game code to work with a different security chip.
Same holds true for Raiden Fighters 2

all of the other games on the SPI platform however share the same security chip and I've outlined how one might say convert E-JAN to Viper Phase 1 here: Possible to convert Seibu SPI games?

Bummer, I’ve always wanted a dedicated rfjet (played it everyday for 4 years back in University).

I have a spare dynamo hs5 cabinet which I want to put rfjet in.

The SPI system and cartridge come up now and then buy are $800+ usd.

perhaps a raspberry pi direct boot into rfjet would be easiest option

Raiden Fighters Jet isn't $800 USD. Maybe on eBay, but those aren't real prices.

You can routinely get RFJ for ~250-300 USD on forums; just gotta be patient and move quick when they come up.

Raiden Fighters Jet isn't $800 USD. Maybe on eBay, but those aren't real prices.

You can routinely get RFJ for ~250-300 USD on forums; just gotta be patient and move quick when they come up.
I'm also looking for it and I will be more than happy to find one on those prices ^^

Back