What's new
It works fine with the OSSC and safe for your Hi-Fi too.
I love your products @beharius .

The simplicity and price point are perfect.

I am seeing a few missing features but this is perfect for people entering the arcade at home scene.

My Shogun arrived via DHL yesterday.

My initial impressions are positive.

It looks good. I really like the enclosure.

The only supergun I can compare it to is the minigun; the performance and features are similar.

The shogun does not require you to adjust the picture, but it has no audio output besides the scart connection.
Shogun has Service, Test, and Coin1 buttons. Minigun has Service, and Test.
I'm not using the stereo or MVS features on either supergun, so I can't comment on the performance.
Both use the same video chip and feature a Low Pass Filter.
The image output is nice, clean, and sharp. Colors are rich and vibrant.

My only complaint is that the JAMMA connector is VERY tight. It is difficult to get it on and off all of my boards. It is leaving visible wear marks on all of the pins.
I had already cleaned the JAMMA edges thoroughly, but they are very clean now.

I would imagine it is so tight because it does not have feet, and it is not easy to add them (as far as I can tell).
The tight grip helps prevent it from sagging if your board is elevated.

I'm happy to have it and have been looking forward to it since I first saw it mentioned on RetroRGB.

Thanks, enjoy it! Your comments are crucial for us to improve it and develop new products.

Not sure about the shogun but typically jamma connectors are tight at first but eventually wear in.

I admit that I am not the most familiar with Jamma connections. I have been exposed to between 15-20 different jamma connectors in my life. Surprisingly, all new.

I have never experienced anything so tight as this.

It will stay on my neo geo mvs board, so it's no problem for me.

The mvs has a lions3.com enclosure. Combined with the shogun enclosure, it looks pretty damn awesome.

Back