What's new

jimmyjames

Professional
Reaction score
I have a few extra ms8s and just bought a spare ms9 that just came back from sharp and was recapped. Saw it last night on eBay and figured why not. Anyway I have a ms2932 in the blast but would rather have it for cga as I don’t have a lot of high res boards. The only thing is I think I have to make an adapter for is the cn2 and cn10 for amp up and rgb. Rgb might be same harness ect i have o look at my spares for ms8 and 9. I’m thinking new ms9 from sharp in astro and then doing the work to put ms8 in blast. I’m still doing the maths and have to check resistance and such but I figured if anyone has done it they might be in this group. I wanted to ask them a few questions and see how well it worked. I’ve seen this done on an net city and it looked surprisingly well.

swapping entire monitor or just chassis?
if only chassis the ms8-29 will not match the deflection yoke of a 2930 to 2934

swapping entire monitor or just chassis?
if only chassis the ms8-29 will not match the deflection yoke of a 2930 to 2934
Yes I have a spare ms8 yoke and a few oddballs laying around. I figured yoke swap for sure from the start.

the plan is to do a cap kit on the ms9 in my astro now and that will be the spare. Put the new ms9 in the cab as it just got the service from sharp. Do a cap kit on the astro power supply put new speakers in and lace that all up.

Pull the blast monitor, pull the chassis and yoke put the ms8 yoke and chassis back on. Figure out power and rgb is where I need a few questions answered from someone who has done it. I have an extra two harnesses for the ms8-29 chassis power and rgb. That’s where I’m at. I like to pre plan so I can just do it once it’s go time.

I started this with two cabs that didn’t have original working chassis and I’ve come a long way with both. They both work well but I have just a few more thing to do before I’m happy. Then on to the next.

Back