What's new

narf

Student
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just seeing what you are using for your favorite HAS joysticks?
Since the Undamned DB15 USB Decoder has been out of stock for over 6 months now I'm using the Saturn adapter RGB makes with a Hori fight stick
I also found out the hard way that the Brook USB-Neo Geo converter doesn't support 6 buttons :(
Built in USB X-Input / Direct Input on the HAS would be an amazing upgrade for future revisions.

I use this Neo Geo stick made by smallcaps. It has full SANWA 8-way stick and works amazing. Connects straight with DB15, so no adapters needed. It just seems that they don't make them anymore (or at least I could now find ready made from their site) ?(

Might get lucky and find one from Ebay or such. Of course you can always build your own and www.smallcap.net has the case and parts at least.

13976510.jpg

I also have Virtua Stick but this thing is completely different beast.

I use this Neo Geo stick made by smallcaps. It has full SANWA 8-way stick and works amazing. Connects straight with DB15, so no adapters needed. It just seems that they don't make them anymore (or at least I could now find ready made from their site) ?(

Might get lucky and find one from Ebay or such. Of course you can always build your own and www.smallcap.net has the case and parts at least.

13976510.jpg

I also have Virtua Stick but this thing is completely different beast.
it looks really nice! I have a Virtua stick too.. Its pretty cheap and plastic-y so I rarely use it

Hey does anybody have one of those Sega Saturn controller adapters for the HAS they would sell me? It’s a long shot but I would love to get my mitts on one of those.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like they're sold out unfortunately.

I appreciate it though!

@RGB

Probably one for the distant future - considering all the HAS pre-orders, etc - but I was wondering if there was any chance your AV9000TB to NeoGeo/DSUB15 design on OSH Park could be revised to be compatible with Sigma 3TB sticks?

The Sigma 3TB uses the same 13 pin DIN as the 9000TB - but Sigma have very slightly changed the pinout. Pinouts are listed for both about half way down this page:
https://w.atwiki.jp/sigma-denshi/sp/pages/14.html#13PIN 新型

It looks like pin 13 has changed from '+5V' on the 9000TB to 'Rapid fire output' on the 3TB - I'm guessing because Sigma moved the rapid fire options from the 9000TB stick itself (on the AV7000/9000TB combo) to the AV1 supergun (on the AV1/3TB combo). Obviously, though, I'd just be wanting to use the rapid fire on the HAS, anyway!

No idea how viable this would be...but it would be awesome to be able use these sticks with the HAS! :)

Hi guys,

I am a new owner of an HAS! Probably I am gonna buy a USB2DB15 which has got a huge compatibility with many controllers...

But I would love to know where I can find a proper 6/8 buttons arcade stick for the HAS with a straight DB15 plug. I can't find any online!

Or if you guys could suggest me a good tutorial to build one! Thank you!

I bought this from Retro Stockplie on EBay. He makes them and it is awesome!
Thanks for you tip! I will check the shop and see if they have a 6/8 buttons fully compatible with the HAS pin-out.
I have already got my Neo Geo 4 buttons arcade stick 8)

Sigma Pro Stick is a good one.
20230417_233318.jpg
Good to know! Thanks! I will have a look for it!

If you have already got one for your HAS, please,
1) could you tell if the buttons mapping works straight forward well with Street Fighter 2 and sequels..
2) how is the buttons mapping with the Neo Geo games?
3) Also have you have a chance to test the buttons mapping with Mortal Kombat?

I know that you can program a customized mapping with HAS but if it works straight forward well, it would be great!
Thanks

Good to know! Thanks! I will have a look for it!

If you have already got one for your HAS, please,
1) could you tell if the buttons mapping works straight forward well with Street Fighter 2 and sequels..
2) how is the buttons mapping with the Neo Geo games?
3) Also have you have a chance to test the buttons mapping with Mortal Kombat?

I know that you can program a customized mapping with HAS but if it works straight forward well, it would be great!
Thanks
On the HAS you can easily change all buttons (except coin and start) so button mapping is up to you! The standard set out of the box won't work for all games and MK exactly I don't think, but changing them is very easy and quick. I believe for MK 1-3 the buttons are different even on the cab, so a swap is always needed. For SF2, I think the HAS is set 1-6 like the arcade default.

That being said, you will need a kick harness adapter for 6 button games so don't forget to purchase that.

On the HAS you can easily change all buttons (except coin and start) so button mapping is up to you! The standard set out of the box won't work for all games and MK exactly I don't think, but changing them is very easy and quick. I believe for MK 1-3 the buttons are different even on the cab, so a swap is always needed. For SF2, I think the HAS is set 1-6 like the arcade default.

That being said, you will need a kick harness adapter for 6 button games so don't forget to purchase that.
Hi, thanks for your reply!
I bought the kick harnesses! I am missing just a controller now and I will be able to do some test with just in about a month as I will go in holidays in a while.. I am trying to get as much info as possible to do the right shopping... But I am sure I will ask you about the button mapping, because I read the instructions about i but I didn't get them very well :)

About the controller mentioned by THCsoftcore, I found just two similar on ebay, with no cable ... :(

It is strange that there is no market of controllers 6/8 buttons DB15 for Supergun!

Most people buy USB joysticks now. Personally I think RGB will eventually offer USB built on the HAS, but yeah, for true no-lag DB15 is the way.

Another option is to build your own, or buy and old PS3/Xbox 360 stick and wire it yourself.

Back