What's new
I'm a bit new to this, but I've seen a recommendation to use leaded solder for a recap of older hardware. Did you use leaded for your mv-1c? Also I'm guessing you just bought the caps piecemeal, and got 105-degree versions, but if you found a cap kit somewhere I'd love that link.

Yes, I use Kester 186 eutectic solder which is leaded. I did piece the kit together myself, and I don't think anyone sells one. There are only five caps needed after removing the mono amp though, and I can give you their values if you like.

Thanks! My caps are still readable, I can get the values off 'em. Looking forward to basically copying your setup as soon as my Bios chip gets here...

Here's an MV-1C I modded for @noonan2678 last year. I cleaned and recapped it, installed a NeoBiosMasta and Unibios, gave it line-level stereo audio jacks (disabling the mono circuit) and a rechargeable battery, and LED strips. It came out even better than my own, since I had a better plan of attack the second time around.

You can see that I also added another LED tower under the top grill, and I used a nicer red pilot light "jewel" style LED, inspired by my Traynor YBA-1A Bass Amp. I used couplers to make the entire top panel removable, because he was considering eventually moving it to a complete Lion3s Plexi.
20160914_195317.jpg

20160914_195302.jpg

20160914_195247.jpg

20160914_195343.jpg

20160914_195643.jpg

20160914_195731.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again for the AMAZING work, Smoke!! I'll update with better pictures in a bit. I appreciate the compliment on the room, but it's quite a bit better now. That was in transition :)

EDIT - I'm VERY muck looking forward to replacing that crap yellow cart with something a bit nicer *wink, wink*

Last edited:
Smoke can you list where you got the red LED and audio parts from please? I finally got my MV1C in the mail this week.

I get all that stuff from eBay. You can search for 12V LED strip and then just measure how long you'll need. Or you can order them longer than you need and trim them with scissors.

I got the Lion3s Plexi case and installed it today on my MV-1C,is there a way to fit the HAS without taking the bottom Plexi off the HAS like I had to do?

Attachments

• 451A887A-4F70-4FDC-B3DF-71DB99C53308.jpeg
    451A887A-4F70-4FDC-B3DF-71DB99C53308.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 420
  • DCADCC8C-49A9-41CB-A651-1FDDCC5F1C14.jpeg
    DCADCC8C-49A9-41CB-A651-1FDDCC5F1C14.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 461
I got the Lion3s Plexi case and installed it today on my MV-1C,is there a way to fit the HAS without taking the bottom Plexi off the HAS like I had to do?
My HAS doesn't come in contact with the plexi, so maybe Lions3 redesigned them? I would contact him because I think a lot of people would be disappointed by this.

Mine BARELY squeezed in with the bottom plexi, but it didn't quite fit with the black standoffs. I had contacted him about it (years ago) and he was willing to print slightly smaller ones that would clear. I lost track of it and haven't followed through with it yet.

Back