What's new
No, that's clearly a worthless bootleg. Tell you what, I'll help you clear it out of your house, just PM for my address and mail it over. You can cover shipping since I'm helping you out!

Obviously kidding! Nice board, looks real/original, and very clean!

:P :P cheeky bugger.. thanks for your time and expertise . :thumbup:
No problem. Also note that soon there will be a multi for that system, so you can play all the games with it. Not sure if that's your PCB or if you're considering buying, but I have NO doubt, once the multi is released, these will not get any cheaper and will most likely get more expensive.

I have this board and roms labels look the same as mine so seems a legit original to me...quite a rare board as I think it got banned from arcades for being too gory

I mangaged to pick my board up in with a lot of other boards off of Ebay on the cheap.

The board didn't boot but this was just down to the +5v Zener diode in the corner of the board read open circuit - replaced it and this fixed the board! :thumbsup:

quite a rare board as I think it got banned from arcades for being too gory
I think the world revision that was distributed by Atari games in USA is the truly rare one.
Under 100 PCBs produced, because yea most arcades didn't want gory/edgy games at that time and refused it.

The Japan revision while released in limited numbers (we don't know exact figures) I don't believe was subject to any restrictions around violence or "inverted cross" (ie its still in the PCEngine port of the game but not the Turbo Grafix 16) imagery. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back