What's new

GeeDee

Grand Master
Reaction score
Edit: This was fixed forever ago, but I forgot to update the thread :whistling: just bumping for future generations lol

So out of curiosity, anyone ever have a PVM with busted sync and took a stab at fixing it up? I'll post up some images later after work if I can, but baaaasically I accidentally hosed one of my sets awhile back, and I'd like to have it back as a working spare rather than being a big paperweight lol. Not my pic or set, but it basically looks like this now.

IUNcAIk.jpg

I was trying out using CRTEmu driver with an extron for the fun of it- had it sync'd pretty well for awhile, then all of a sudden it just went nuts and now im just getting a never ending screen scroll. I've tried various easy things ive read about online like setting it to ext-sync only in the menus, etc, but no luck there. Has the same issue with multiple different consoles, so it's definitely the set and not any specific device. Same consoles and things still work just fine on the other PVMs anyhow.

Just figured I'd pop in here first and see if anyone has any experience working on this specific issue and had any advice on "problem areas" to look for when I do crack it open.

Last edited:
Forgot I made this thread forever ago while I was looking through my watched threads for some VO information, but figured it'd be best to update it since it ended up being a stupidly easy fix right after I made the dang thread and there's not much info about it online:

I don't have this set anymore, it was an Olympus OEV203, but for whatever reason, hooking it up the way that I did made the H.Frequency in the service menu jump way too low. On this model (and on my other Sony 20MD), the service menu has two different H.frequencies you can adjust that look nearly identical on the menu, but bringing one of them up to around the 80-90 range brought the sync back into spec and kept a stable image. My weird little extron experiment back then must have made it hook onto a freq that it didn't like very much. Hope this helps anyone drowning through googles search algorithms in the future :P

Back