What's new

tengugurl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all!
I have a wells D9200 that Irecapped a few months back, it's an awesome monitor but was a monster to recap.

I put it in my blast city without much thought and turned it on and !!!! I feel like I am staring into the sun, it's so bright!!

I went back to the flyback to adjust the brightness like any person would but was dumbfounded by the results.

The flyback on the d9200 has 3 knobs let me give you a visual lol

(0) a.
magic knob that doesn't do anything
(0) b.
focus
(0) c.
some other magic knob that has glue on it so I am assuming I don't touch it

I went into the OSD menu and I have cranked the brightness to zero and yet it's still washed out from the brightness.

Any ideas?
Does anyone know what the bottom knob does?
I am not sure if it's x-ray or b adjust idk...

Thanks so much!
Have a look, this is how washed out it looks

This is the best pic I have the the flyback unfortunately... Its mounted in the blast city so I would need help to pull it out to get a better pic

Attachments

• Optimized-20200828_181813.jpg
    Optimized-20200828_181813.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Optimized-20200530_174007.jpg
    Optimized-20200530_174007.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 125
On non-digital displays you'd turn it on with no PCB attached, then turn down SCREEN until the raster lines *just* disappear. But I don't think that works on digital CRTs iirc?

So in that case:

Turn the cab on. Put brightness at 50 on the OSD.Turn down the SCREEN pot on the flyback (it's very likely the hot glued one) until things look a bit right, and don't touch it again (it's not meant for brightness control in general, but yours seems to be way way up there).

Your "magic knob that doesn't do anything" does in fact do nothing, according to the manual.

hahaha you are my hero!
That's so funny why make a knob? Lol

Yay, can't wait to try this, thanks for always helping ❤️

That's so funny why make a knob? Lol
Probably cheaper to use one mold for the flyback casing than to make a separate one for the 2 knob variety? I have no idea really.

The other glued knob is SCREEN or screen voltage.

That's the one you want to turn counter clockwise to dim the screen.

fyi the flyback has 3 pots because the it can be used on dual focus tubes, in that case the 2 focus pots are outer and inner screen focus. When used on a single focus tube only one of the pots will do anything
As mentioned the glued pot is screen(brightness) and thats the one you need to adjust.

Back