What's new

waali

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A thread to track the installation of a CPS1 multi into a CPS2 case.

NOTE: No live CPS2 hardware was harmed in the making of what follows. Case was harvested from an acid and general corrosion riddled Asia v3 set. It had deep case cuts, scratches and discolouration along with broken pcb mounts, vents and for dessert a 6 inch crack in the top cover. Reuse, recycle and all that.

With the upcoming CPS1 multi I'm building it a protecting case from a harvested CPS2 with the idea that it will be a similar setup as my CPS2 multi (DigitalAV/CPS2IO) and therefore easily swapped for the CPS2 space in the gaming console cabinet as required.

Initial work has been on the case which been cleaned, glued, filled, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, etc. and custom labels applied. Does the main label include all the multi games? it'll be easy enough to change if it doesn't.

Next step in to install the DigitalAV on the A board when it arrives then install pcb mounts, jamma fingerboard, connector and wiring and finally a spare CPS2IO and kick harness wiring.

After that will be the wait for the muti and to finalise install and mount the LCD (or other) where the jst socket and audio output rca's were.

Will update as changes are made.

CPS2 case. Top is Delicious Red Epoxy Gloss Enamel. Black was a spare spray can of flat black engine enamel. Both look much better in person.
nv4fgpg2g2vZP20dKFyN0ESTIH_7O-WHKbPdtIN46tYr7=w800.jpg

Custom labels. Main label is from a photo printer. Serial label is monochrome laser printer with clear packing tape overlay.
wbrU3C59XeMxEs4TzsGVihrtzH06gxGnnBQYjYphQtM8c=w800.jpg

Button holes shaved and filled
hLWmjXmAXYW6CPASEklSOBmWAazRjHgCMm_GGKRCghuAB=w800.jpg

Multilabel Original
ayydSSqM6oCDEFQ_XkBFpCzYUPck9uS3zJ_1LcxkGrEY=w1257.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Care to share that label?

I'm very interested seeing the inside preparation...
looks amazing on the outside

Very nice! Care to share that label?
I'll post it up once I'm back at my laptop :thumbup:
OP updated. Is it missing any games?
I can't see any, but will have to wait until the Darksoft CPS-1 Multi is out to make 100% sure :)
Yeap, the will or won't it play CPS1.5 games, would love to play some arcade CnD. Label is only tacked on just in case and will wait patiently till its release.
I'm very interested seeing the inside preparation...
looks amazing on the outside
Nothing much will happen until the A board arrives unfortunately.

Back