What's new

Rom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I got a Namco ES3 system, it was working fine, now it doesn't power on.
The power supply is running (fan spinning slowly) but the system doesn't power (full fan speed, power on).
The ESIF2 PCB got one green light: 5VSB.

What i tried:
- using ES3 power supply in a PC: it's working.
- using an ATX power supply in ES3: not starting.
- shorting "power on" pin header with the original and ATX power supply: not starting.
- replaced the coin cell (it was 3.005v): no change.
- cleared CMOS, without the coin, without power (like stated in motherboard manual): no change.
- removed graphic card, ram, hdd... no change.
- reseated CPU: no change.

When i have time I will try part exchange with a working ES3 but in the meantime i hope this thread gives me hints.

only thing i am not seeing is power up with no coin battery cmos reset jumper on. then putting jumper back to origional and powering up again with no coin cell battery. other then that looks like all bases covered unless the manual has some goofy reset like ringedge 2 does.

Yes i know the RingEdge2 reset with the jumper, then boot, then no jumper, then turn 3 times around the case, then light a candle to obscure deity...

The supermicro reset is quite simple compared to this and does not involves removing the coin cell. Anyway, i tried letting with, without, shorting and jumping everything, every common reset procedures. No success :/

sorry. ya i am wondering why the board is acting up would be different if it was totally dead

Oh do not be sorry, your advice was right. RE got this problem and a stupid clear CMOS procedure.

I'll wait to receive a new ES3 as all my other boards have been sold. Then i'll part swap until i find what's the cause.

I exchanged all the parts and wiring to narrow it to a motherboard problem.
I will investigate further when i have some time. For now i have lot of ES3 so no hurry to fix it ;)

Back