What's new

ziggy5yrs

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi there, forgive me, I'm a bit of a luddite.

I purchased this from china. Both my computers recognize that a USB device is plugged in, but nothing else happens. I can't get it to work. Did I just invest in 100 dollar hunk of plastic and useless circuitry, is that circuitry worth anything anywhere, so on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a nice day.

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_134057.jpg
    IMG_20200804_134057.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 224
on your start menu (assuming u have windoze) type "Set up USB game controller".
go in there. Do you see your fancy controller ? You can test the buttons and the joystick in there too.

I love this forum post name. Everyone needs to start adding the crazy impulse purchases they have done which have backfired.

@ziggy5yrs i hope your joystick does indeed work. Again ; this forum post name is excellent.

Haha! I agree, that'd be a fun read. Thanks for your assistance.

Alas, it shows up as a USB controller, but it won't let me do anything. I press the controls, nothing. No screen pops up, there's no "On/off switch". You kids with your fancy technology. I'm not even that old. I didn't even see Ghostbusters in the theatre.

Perhaps I'm a bigger idiot than I thought, so I'll just try and ask this and pray I don't get too much ridicule for not knowing really basic stuff. When it was purchased, it claimed to be preloaded with games........Is it possible to access said games I need Retroarch opened at the same time?

If it is a usb input device you’d see action in the “set up a usb game controller window”. It doesn’t just pop up, you have to search for it from windows search. It looks something like this

set-up-usb-game-controller.png

Then view the properties of the controller

htx6.jpg

In the next window you should see movements when you press the inputs.

If it is “preloaded with games” I would think you connect it to a TV with hdmi and just turn on some power button. But it’s probably just a joystick and you need to set up the emulators and roms yourself. Do you have the listing url? Ask the seller for a manual?

If not, take some more photos. You can upload them to an image service like imgur.com and link them here to show us high-res.

I think it’s probably just a usb game controller and it probably works fine, you just need to plug it in, then open your emulator and map the buttons to the inputs. Find the support docs for each emulator you want to use for those instructions. Something like this

That might be the case. This company was not the most reliable, in that I can no longer really track them easily. And plus, looking for a manual from someone who probably doesn't speak English is not terribly useful. If it is just a controller, that's perfectly cool. It appears to work fine, I just need to upload more roms specifically from Arcade, MAME-type stuff. Is there perhaps a better place than I've looked in the past you may recommend? Thanks for being fun and pleasant about this nonsense. I've had the damn thing for a year, just assumed it was a ripoff and never bothered to do much with it.

It depends what you intend to run. A lot of these retroarch/pi builds or the like need very old rom sets specifically for them. Same for final burn and other various emulators. A lot of sets are here but if you can just run MAME and use the latest romset, I’d recommend that

https://archive.org/details/messmame

i would open up the thing and see what is inside. if its got a RPI inside fine, but what you are looking for is a USB connection into the RPI.. if there is a USB connection going into a RPI (or other emulator thingy) then try and connect that USB cable to your PC and see if you get functional controls. Just a thought.

Yeah, this looks like one of those "Pandora's Box in-a-box" things. I don't think it's gonna work like a controller. Can you get some more pics of the unit from more angles?

You sure this thing doesn’t have video out or something? I’ve seen preloaded sticks like these for dale at game shops haha

wouldnt it be faster to just post a link to where you got it?

Back