What's new

stringbean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here might know what type of screws attach the hinge of the control panel to the frame of the Astro City arcade.

hwwrO59.jpg

I seem to have misplaced all 5 of these screws while disassembling the arcade cabinet for cleaning/restoration. You can see there is one screw half sticking out of one of the holes. I pulled this from the metal bracket in the middle farther back and it appears to be the same screw as what I need. I plan to take this to a local "screw" shop hoping to see if they might have an equivalent, but if someone knows exactly what this is and/or where I can buy one I would be so happy.

vwifRPC.jpg
wXVRFpI.jpg

Here are some more pics of it from different angles.

Search for a "truss head thread forming screw for plastic" , thats what that type of screw in your pic is.

Last edited:
it's in the manual .
I have a manual. Been trying to find exactly where they mention this. It doesn't seem to be in the control panel section on page 7. They only mention the M4 carriage bolts & nuts. The closest I could find is pg 18 (pictured below). The part I circled maps to pg 19 on the right where it is describing 201 as TAP SCR TH CRM 4 X 10. I assume that's M4 (4mm diameter) x 10 (10mm length), but that doesn't tell me the thread pitch. The weird thing is I also have some carriage bolts and those are M4, but they feel too large to fit in the hole. When I measure the screw almost seems like an M3. Based on my measurements the screw that fits is ~16TPI or 1.5mm pitch. I think I might have to search around online and buy a few screws to test a couple different diameters.

OGxE8LX.jpg

The closest I could find is pg 18 (pictured below). The part I circled maps to pg 19 on the right where it is describing 201 as TAP SCR TH CRM 4 X 10. I assume that's M4 (4mm diameter) x 10 (10mm length), but that doesn't tell me the thread pitch.
Those are the ones. I don't think the pitch is standardized.

TAP SCR TH CRM, self tapping truss head screws in chrome.

We don't have be best selection of metric screws here in the US, but from what I can tell, this screw might be a decent substitute.

I'll order some to see. Shame I have to buy a 50 pack, but oh well.

Back