What's new

RandomRetro

Professional
Reaction score
Starting a standalone thread for this, but I started the discussion recently. I am looking at a custom order with Southtown Homebrew of Red Shockboxes. I have been wanting some for my PGM carts. It would likely be an order of 100, but wanted to see what the interest was out there as I only need like 10. This would be an at cost effort, and I will let people know the cost once things are confirmed, but I assume cost will be $13-15/per.

Let me know if you are interested and a rough count.

Not at $15, but if we could get sub $10 yes.

How many would we have to buy to get those kinds of numbers?

I would do 20 easy at $5, maybe 30.

Will they be PGM cart sized then, since you're custom ordering them to start?

Or MVS sized and we'll need to cut out bits like the standard ones?

To get to even $10, I fear you have to order a hell of a lot... We will see what makes sense I think over the next few weeks.

Will they be PGM cart sized then, since you're custom ordering them to start?

Or MVS sized and we'll need to cut out bits like the standard ones?
Currently MVS and then you would still have to cut. If there is a lot of interest would happily look into getting PGM cart sized molds.

So looks like the cost of making a die mold for the PGM carts would be super expensive and not worth it.

So... these would still have to have the cutout of the liner for PGM carts to fit. The color options would be red/black liner and red/white liner.

Good news is the cost should be basically $11 per box.

Let me know if this changes anyone's interest.

I would be interested. If it's as cheap as suggested I don't mind doing the cut out.

I would still buy some. I guess the red would look better with the PGM carts. Why not design them to be slightly larger to fit PGM? Instead of cutting the case all you would have to do is add a little foam for neo geo. Just saying...

Because you would need to make a new die mold for the PGM carts and it costs a ton of money. See a few posts above yours:

So looks like the cost of making a die mold for the PGM carts would be super expensive and not worth it.

Yeah doing a quality mold looks to be >$5k right now.

Looks like interest is a little light, so I will likely just do a smaller order and have like 30 extras.

Anyone have a preference on the colors?
  • Red w/ black liner
  • Red w/white liner

Meant to post this a while back, but I have a few extra Red w/white liner shockboxes. Let me know if you are interested in any; $11.25/per + shipping. Support PGM, but have to make a small cut in the top of the cart liner to fit.
IMG_9343.jpg

Back