What's new

jackie879

Beginner
Reaction score
Greetings everyone, I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. I've learned a lot about arcade hardware here and I look forward to finally contributing.

I just finished converting a dead CPS2 board to a Darksoft multi, and it's fantastic!

Hey! Welcome! That's so cool about doing the darksoft mod yourself! I don't have the courage to do the soldering I've been learning how to do soldering on basic electronic project kits, figure if I damage a board,will take time to get a replacement.

No soldering was needed for the Darksoft multi on a Marvel vs Capcom board, so if you can find one of those that's already dead, I think that's the easiest way to go.

hey jackie879, I'm new as well but welcome :)

K1701 there is no soldering required for what I'm seeing, (Still doing the research). if you do not want to use the phoenix roms there there it's a little bit of soldering required for the key writing addon (Which I'm planning to get) but if you are ok using the phoenix kit, then there is no soldering

hey jackie879, I'm new as well but welcome :)

K1701 there is no soldering required for what I'm seeing, (Still doing the research). if you do not want to use the phoenix roms there there it's a little bit of soldering required for the key writing addon (Which I'm planning to get) but if you are ok using the phoenix kit, then there is no soldering
Thanks for the info! After reading thru the darksoft pdf, l have more clarifications to ask about,l better post them on the CPS2 subforum

Last edited:
Back