What's new

adidas1984x

Beginner
Reaction score
does anyone know how to unlock all the character on this version of tekken 5 arcade. i know that the dongle version b has them all unlocked by default. sadly i have version a . are they time release?

I’m pretty sure they are time released, I forgot what version I got, I’ll check later, but all of mine are unlocked though. Love your YouTube videos by the way. Plus, it’s me, Crazyskull Animations :)

Ok, my version on my dongle is TE52 Ver.A. Mine is a version A with everything unlocked :)

I think it’s actually due to disc version rather than dongle version, turns out I have the final release of the game disc. Hope this helps you dude :)
Edit: I was completely wrong lol!

Last edited:
to confirm i got your download , ill burn the disc today and try it with my dongle and see what happens. i hope i got all characters now.

Ok so new disc installed and the same outcome no hidden characters unlocked . Anyone know if the disc or the dongle is the key to have all characters unlocked ? I also noticed my game when it shows the attract screen it shows only tekken 5.1 without heichais face in the background of the title screen . I have seen other version have heaichis face with the game logo .

526B993C-9233-43E8-A9C2-2015940A3323.png

Attachments

• DA077C8F-6B8A-45AC-A87C-C2FCA923E0B2.jpeg
    DA077C8F-6B8A-45AC-A87C-C2FCA923E0B2.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 133
My experience:
  1. Bought Tekken 5.1 just as a nice-to-have, with no dongle or System 256. Disc says TE52 DVD0B.
  2. Bought System 256 with Tekken 5 (5.0 that is) and dongle. Disc says TE51 DVD0. Dongle says TE52, Ver.B
  3. Tried out my Tekken 5 and all my characters were unlocked.
  4. Tried out my Tekken 5.1 with the same dongle and all my characters were unlocked.
  5. Tried out my Tekken 5 again with the same dongle, no problems.
  6. Tried out my Tekken 5.1 again with the same dongle, no problems.

This is my version dongle

Attachments

• 60A552B5-5A75-4807-BE56-3BD324E6AF26.jpeg
    60A552B5-5A75-4807-BE56-3BD324E6AF26.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 159
If its a time unlock maybe you could use IDA to dissemble the binary, searching for a real time clock call or comparison (CMP)...
If you manage to find the memory offset of this value, you could then easily edit the jump points so no matter what value was returned by the clock it will always jump to successful outcome/unlock.

Pretty sure someone made a EE (PS2 CPU) profile that can be loaded, no the source won't be very accurate but finding the offsets is the only goal, then hexedit the binary.

@MetalliC can sometimes be tempted to patch Naomi binary's for cash.
Not sure if he also works that same magic on 256 or not... Or if he would even take the job... But you could ask him.

or you could buy a .b dongle! ... or even get the multi and make your own?

Back