What's new
that looks really nice. Like the touch with the green tip!

Reactions: AMS
for the dumb person in the back; meaning me. What joysticks are they and who wants some money in their pockets to do me a solid and make them for me?
the sticks are from a Gundam game. They showed up earlier this year on Yahoo Auctions Japan. I was able to grab some of them for this project. The manufacturer of the stick is Sanwa but I don't know if there is a shop where you could get them.

These sticks are crazy expensive . The fetch around 200-300 if you can get a hold of them

The manufacturer of the stick is Sanwa but I don't know if there is a shop where you could get them.
The stick is the JLK-GF2-AT. You can buy it straight from Sanwa. But like @AMS wrote, it is crazy expensive.

However, if you get one of those Gundam sticks you could just buy just the shaft alone to make it like the original Monkey Ball one. The part number for the long shaft is JL-S10K-S.

This is stellar work, and I'm impressed 10 times over.
Now I wish somebody would make a blast city panel for Galaxy Force 2. Analogue control, and throttle.

Hi all - is anyone making and selling these yet? I'd love to get hold of a panel!

E6337-C64-402-E-4333-B0-EE-C3617-AABD4-C4.jpg

Alberto did print/cut this overly for me and the quality is fantastic!

nice :) hmmm that overlay looks familiar :D here's the source in case someone needs it https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1FLt-I-mmPx-MeYxbHUXqxGQULp0mMFWi

you WANT the pot amp, otherwise the range is shit and it's impossible to play the harder levels. I was able to use a happ pot amp at some point, before the repros.

btw, if you used m5 self clinch or welded studs you would have not needed to have carriage bolts to hold the stick ! at 2 ton arbor press is pretty cheap.

Yes, that overlay should look familiar to you :)

My reverse engineered Amp did not work very well but maybe I made a mistake :)

The stick feels very good so far but I will try the harder levels. Doing some back to back testing with the original panel is planned but on hold due to the corona situation.
I remember having trouble with the harder levels on the original panel but that might have been a calibration issue.

If you have the pot amp installed, I would be interested in the values that you get in the calibration screen.

I did look at the arbor press and studs but it was not worth it for 2 panels.

I just took it out of the cab, I'll do some readings next time i pop it back in.

@DragonMinded made some pretty good pot amp repros. I bought 4. not sure if she still has more.

I did some testing and the pot amp is not required as far as i can tell. On the medium course stage 27 I had trouble on the original panel and was able to complete it on the repro panel without pot amp. Just make sure you run the calibration.

I just took it out of the cab, I'll do some readings next time i pop it back in.

@DragonMinded made some pretty good pot amp repros. I bought 4. not sure if she still has more.
Yeah, I have about 20 of them left. Exact reproductions, down to the connectors and the sizing. They are a direct drop-in to the original and I've tested each of them with my Monkey Ball setup. $50, shipped in the US. If you need more than one I can do bulk discounts. PM me if you want one.

@nnap Thanks for discovering this and doing the leg work. I just won a pair this morning and my friend and I can't wait to start on the build

Does anyone know the connector type that is used on the Gundam stick? looking to make and adapter that to the NNC Amp up and a normal Sega I/O

Back