What's new

darkgunsou86

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a minor problem with my Sega STV board. The sound seems not quite right.
I have uploaded a video on youtube to show the problem. The music has a metallic tang to it and i compared it to other STV playthoughs on youtube and it is way different.
the link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6YKQuZI-w
I am using the Darksoft STV Multi with a multibios running to OSSC with the Supergun ProGamer Arcade Jamma from ebay.
I have done a memory test in the test menu and all the ICs are good.
Does anyone know what is wrong with the board? i recapped the board and i dont recall if the board sounds like this before recapping. i used the cap kit from console5.
i hope someone can provide some insight as to what is the problem. I wish to have the sound back to what it's supposed to sound like.
Thanks.

Are you using a supergun? You may need to turn down the volume on the board.
Since you recapped the board, sound coming out will be clearer and louder. There's a knob near the amplifier, adjust the volume there. Lower the volume and check if it goes away.

i reduced the volume knob on the STV. had it on max. seems like the sound is much better and is still quite loud. thought it would be best to set it on max.
obrigado, amigo.

Back