What's new

obitus1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I modified the top case of my CPS2 B-board as per the directions (removed the screw-boss/pylon and cut it completely flush with a dremel), but cannot get the case to close. The only way I can is to unplug the Darksoft's ribbon cable, but that renders it useless not having the LCD to switch games. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what is the remedy?

I modified the top case of my CPS2 B-board as per the directions (removed the screw-boss/pylon and cut it completely flush with a dremel), but cannot get the case to close. The only way I can is to unplug the Darksoft's ribbon cable, but that renders it useless not having the LCD to switch games. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what is the remedy?
I had to break the cable retainer off the top of the idc plug to get it to fit.

That's what I was thinking I would have to do...hate removing strain relief, but that seems to be the only way.

ETA: removing the strain relief allowed the case to close.

Last edited:
I was about to make this exact thread yesterday! I was torn between having a CPS2 that would only close three-fourths of the way, or spending $175+ on TR Fightstick's custom case, which as cool as it is, doesn't guarantee that it's any more spacious inside.

Cable retainer strain relief, huh? Hmm...

Mine closed without issue with the tension clips in place. Well actually, the “longer cable” I ordered with my kit had no tension clip but I added them. So I guess my question is, are you using a stock or after market cable? Are you sure the boards are fully seated etc? Not all clips are created equal, got pics of the cable and install?

Here's mine:

Dunno how I'm supposed to take off the strain relief. Are we talking Dremel? Brute strength? Pliers?

Attachments

• IMG_4298w.JPG
    IMG_4298w.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 118
I used a flathead screwdrive and some brute strength. So far so good.

Yeah also had to remove that top clip part. It comes off easily enough

Here's mine:

Dunno how I'm supposed to take off the strain relief. Are we talking Dremel? Brute strength? Pliers?
Try reversing the cable from what you have. May make no difference but that’s the direction I think the cable is intended to go.

Huzzah, everything fits! Yes, sticking the flathead screwdriver between the top part of the ribbon cable and the bottom part of the strain relief and giving it a twist popped it right out. And yes, having the cable go the other way is what I had intended, and it works. Just had to make sure to tape the cable away from the front center peg so it wouldn't get pinched.

Now I can order that CPS2 Multi LCD Holster from Bit District! :D

Make sure the cable is not in the way of the DS board. I learned the hard way and accidently squished the cable, but luckily nothing is affected by that. What you do is have the cable goes around the DS board so it would sit next to it vs on top of it. Hope that help.

Mine closed without issue with the tension clips in place. Well actually, the “longer cable” I ordered with my kit had no tension clip but I added them. So I guess my question is, are you using a stock or after market cable? Are you sure the boards are fully seated etc? Not all clips are created equal, got pics of the cable and install?
I have the stock cable I bought it with from the USA distributor. I purchased it with the short version, because there's no way in hell I was going to pay $23 for the long ribbon cable. I tried both ends, same result, the strain relief on both ends were identical and sat at the same height, so, off it went. I used end cutting pliers and snipped it right off.

Back