What's new

juanmiglesias

Student
Reaction score
Hi there, I am about to recap my audio module on a lethal enforces, it is still working but as you can see some corrosion started (already neutralized, will do it again after removing the current ones), but looking at the schematics online I see discrepancies on the values.
For example, according to this diagram some values are wrong, mine looks similar to the one in jammaarcade.net,
My board:
C1 - c2 are: 4.7uf at 16v (50v on jammaarcade) polarity of c1 is wrong on the schematic.
C3, c6, c7: 10uf 16v (c3 on the schematic seems wrong)
c4 and c5: 4.7uf 25v, (50v on jammaarcade, 16v on schematic) c5 seems wrong on the schametic.
c8 c9: 47uf and c10 on mine is 33uf all 3 16v, I guess 47 is fine and every single cap seems to just need to be 16v.

just want to confirm this info with anyone that knows these boards, as I see the repro is missing c10 and c8 is 100?
my first line of thought is just to replace all caps with the same values, but for example, I have 4.7uf 16v instead of 25v. (still, I guess is fine as 12v is the max on these boards correct?)
and if there is any advice on working these, I am planning to replace them with Panasonic smd ones, just for the looks. but any advice is appreciated.
thanks

IMG-4384.png

just want to confirm this info with anyone that knows these boards, as I see the repro is missing c10 and c8 is 100?
The repro is not missing anything from original module, I just used one capacitor (C8 on repro) in place of two (C8 and C9 on original module) because the original ones are in parallel.So, according to the fomula below : 47uF + 47uF = 94uF (I used a 100uF)

I hope it's clear for you now.

And yes, C1 and C3 in the schematics you posted have wrong/inverted polarity.

Awesome thanks!, I though it was something like that, adding up (parallel) but I’m still a newbie on certain areas of schematics design.
And thank you for clearing out the wrong ones in the schematic circling around.
I’m going through my yearly board clean up, so if I find any bad audio board I’ll buy one repro.
8) Thanks again, Really appreciated.

C5 is 10uF as well as C3 an C6.Anyway, it doesn't hurt if you use a 10uF in place on 4.7uF.

Back