What's new

Zeroh

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,
I installed an MS-2931 chassis on a compatible tube (from MS2932), but I only get the green OSD.
I've tried 31K and 15K signals, the monitor correctly recognizes them (visible on OSD reset) but still only black...
Anyone had a similar problem before?
What could be the problem? The CXA2055p IC?

Last edited:
I guess you're connecting things to the DE15 low impedance input? Have you tried the high impedance one?

Probably makes no difference, but you might as well do a factory reset from the OSD.

I've tried both inputs, still black screen. I can see (with a scope) that video signals reach the input pins on the CXA chip.
I've also already tried the factory reset.

It works!!!
did you try increasing the screen volts?
Yes, it was the screen set too low! Thanks!

I have a follow up question:
Just right after I tweaked the screen I had the brightness set to max, and before I could lower it, a white screen (Naomi logo) came up and the monitor shut down.
I've lowered the brightness setting and now it seems OK (no shutdown), but is that something normal (the previous shutdown) or should I worry?

probably too much brightness, if you turn screen volts too high most chassis will shut down

Ok thanks.

This also happened:
Connector.jpg

Monitor ran less than a couple hours, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before.
Should I worry?

looks like its been like that for some time, replace that connector and resolder the chassis header and clean the header pins- you get a bad connection on horizontal header and this does happen

Back