What's new

hernan43

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to share a modest 3D printable cover I made for my Mean Well MWP-606. I use a minigun supergun that I like to operate on my desk out in the open. I power it off of an MWP-606 power supply.

Not wanting to electrocute myself when I wasn't paying attention, I went looking for a terminal cover that I could print. I started using the one designed by @RGB:

3D printed cover for Mean Well MWP-606 [STL inside]

It worked great but then I saw this one that had a power switch on it:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4462296

I REALLY wanted to build this one but wasn't needing all the bells and whistles. So I set out to make my own that I could use with the super common IEC connectors I see on Amazon. So I came up with a much less exciting version that meets my needs:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4594304

It is not exciting but it does what I need it to do. Sharing the STLs in case they are of use to anyone. I am not an expert on this stuff so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Attachments

• MWP-606 Cover v5.zip
    105.2 KB · Views: 177
Hi,

Really cool cover my friend! I like you simple design! I think it is exiting :thumbsup:

I’m the author of the one you mentioned, I was also inspired by someone else and I used the parts I had laying around at home :thumbup:

There is also a version without a display! Here is my cover thread:
MWP-606 Power Supply Cover

Have fun!

Thanks!

I absolutely am impressed with your design. I have some of the parts needed for it and I have not ruled out making one. It really was an impressive piece of design work.

Thanks! It took me multiple days and tries to build it. I'm new to 3D design... but it fas a lot of fun.

I would suggest that you add a "tube" to the adjustment hole which ends at the power supply. I hope you understand what I like to say :D That way it would not be possible to hit the terminals while adjusting the voltage with a screwdriver. Because of that I used the nob. It's just an idea ^^

I've been meaning to print a cover for my 606 and just kept putting it off. This is what I needed to get off my butt, thanks!

This is the switch I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/Inlet-Module...-B07FQPJ1PK/dp/B07FQPJ1PK/ref=dp_ob_title_def

Comes with all the wiring you need, one less thing to think about. Firing up my printer now. I think as DeWitt mentioned that I'll probably add a knob for the voltage adjustment so I don't have to muck about with a screwdriver in there, but that should be very easy.

And done! Should have put a brim around it, got a little warping in the corner, but can't be fussed about printing it again, I really don't care.

supergun-cover.jpg

My guess: he took my adjustment
"extension" and the button linked by me. If necessary he adjusted the length of the "extension". I could be wrong, that’s the way I would have done it ;)

How did you make the knob?
I used DeWitt's extension tube and his link to printable knobs on Thingaverse.

His tube wasn't quite long enough, I had to slide your case on further so it's not using the screws. If I was to ever re-print this I'd probably make some adjustments to everything for better fits. But it all works fine.

Sliding the tube on takes a lot of pressure though, I snapped the plastic knob out, had to open up the power supply to brace and fit it back in. So be careful.

Heh, I really think the knob/extension is a good idea. I adjusted the voltage on mine and was sweating bullets as I (mostly) blindly maneuvered the screwdriver down that hole. Luckily there is no high voltage in that specific spot, but yeah i was in full on fear mode.

Back