What's new

GeekMan1222

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need some help or tips from all you light gun cabinet fans out there.
I been working on my Time Crisis off and on for months now and I just cant get the light gun working yet.

If you take the cabinet into calibration mode I get an error stating "invalid value" when the trigger is pulled.
It doesn't seem to matter what angle I shoot from or if there's other lights on around the cabinet or not either.

Not sure what "invalid value" actually means either, I don't recall finding that error in the manual or around the internet as its already hard enough to find info on specific issues it seems.

Here is what I done so far.
- Cleaned the gun out.
- Adjusted the CRT brightness and screen up more.
- Tested the gun's harness with a multimeter and for continuity to the actual sensor boards connector.
- Re-seated all the cables on the GunDrive IO board.
- Reflowed solder on the original light sensor board.
- I replaced the light sensor diode on the original sensor board with an equivalent replacement.
- Replaced the entire light sensor board in the gun with a Happ Amplified sensor board for use with TC and Point Blank guns.

I am not sure what all the GunDrive IO board specifically does but that's my next area of attack.

Originally I was going to just order parts for the board online or on digikey there is only really a hex inverter and a SLA4060 BJT transistor on the board.
Finding the SLA4060 BJT online was proving kind of annoying because I would have to order from china basically..

So I found an entire GunDrive IO for fairly cheap compared to rebuilding the current one and waiting, so I just ordered one because why not.

Am I over looking something simple here?

Hopefully its not some kind of board level issue on the actual motherboard that would be a real pain in the ass to diagnose as the entire thing is like a 4 or 6 board stack iirc.

Thanks again guys
I would love to have this running so I could keep it otherwise I am probably gonna give up completely and sell it as-is pretty soon here....

Last edited:
Back