What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I'm trying to setup a Quest of D with server + satellite chihiros.

Does anyone have it running or has a server, so that could help me to set up mine?

Thanks everyone!

From what I can remember in japan , this was a card based system right where you could buy starter decks etc ?

so you need 1 game chihiro with the main software and then 1-8 chihiro s with satellite software . I think you can make your own server.

I also paged a guy I know who had that full original cabinet. Was like Sega derby games type

@Darksoft wow that looks funky never seen it before! We learn everyday :thumbsup:

IMO the hardest part here - to get full Satellite unit setup, which should include special camera device which recognize game cards put on table, and IC card readrer/writer for IC cards with player's progress.
it is not possible to play the game without these

Reactions: AMS
Looking at the DVD it seems like it expects other files to already be available on the host OS for "reqReportClient" to update the locally running game server. Big hints to this are from the "job" file where it instructs "reqReportClient" to update using the localhost. Based on this the server probably isn't saved. It's a similar issue with the DVDs for the Gundam stuff - but with those ones they at least has a few more files.

So you mean that the installation files for the server are different, right? Most probably it's a PC and not a Chihiro. Got any more infor on this, please?

The game (prjd.img) is running on Chihiro, but the server is not. What you'd have is a central sever that just netboots an entire subnet of Chihiros to QofD. Checkout the Gundam ones to get a better idea and read "boot.pl".

Last edited:
OK,. I'll have a look. Can you help setting up that Server or do you know who can help?

Back