What's new

Chelnov

Professional
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just installed a darksoft multi kit in a MvC B board. I removed the infinikey in the B board installed the Darksoft Multi kit. All appears to work with the Multi Kit but after flashing the rom on the B Board I can hear the audio of the game but can't see the video! its a solid grey color.

Has anyone had that issue or know how to troubleshoot?

thanks for any help that you can provide!

also when the multi kit is flashing the screen goes dark as if no video signal was being sent but once it's done the screen display the solid dark grey color.

Last edited:
Ok everyone, just in case this happens to someone else in the future. it was just case of something not contacting. unfortunately i only have one A board so I can't put a finger on what it was but basically i disassembled all the board re-assemble them again and got video with graphic glitches.

I cleaned the a and b boards and now all it's good with the world on the video front. the audio is not as clean but i think i can fix this with the info already available on the forums.

Thanks!

that sounds like your A and B boards are not mating completely, Make sure you press firmly on them to get them to mate, and use the board clips if your using the Plastic Cases. If your not using the plastic cases, make sure your A and B board are seated firmly and fully, and that your Darksoft kit is also has its small and Connector boards seated completely.

As above make sure the boards are mated solidly including the side clips.

Check your 5V, going over can cause sound but no video issues.

Mine has video but no audio. :D

By our powers combined...

that sounds like your A and B boards are not mating completely, Make sure you press firmly on them to get them to mate, and use the board clips if your using the Plastic Cases. If your not using the plastic cases, make sure your A and B board are seated firmly and fully, and that your Darksoft kit is also has its small and Connector boards seated completely.
that did the trick. I pretty much disabled and reassembled the whole thing making sure that there was contact between them after cleaning the boards and it all worked perfectly.

Mine has video but no audio. :D

By our powers combined...
Haha, I'm having audio problems coming out of the JAMMA connector (audio works but keeps breaking down)

I got new RCA jacks for the A Board and soldered them on it
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/switchcraft-inc/PJRAN1X1U02X/PJRAN1X1U02X-ND/1832412
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/switchcraft-inc/PJRAN1X1U03AUX/SC1853-ND/1288664
and now the audio works great in stereo with that output.

Unfortunately the microswitches on the board don't work either!!! but I ordered 3 of these.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/KSC721G-LFS/CKN10304DKR-ND/2415035

I got the A and B board for free but it's a complete mess.

I also noticed that the player 1 Down input doesn't work either!! I'll work on that after fixing the buttons.

What's your problem with the audio?

As above make sure the boards are mated solidly including the side clips.

Check your 5V, going over can cause sound but no video issues.
Yep, that did it :) Thank you both.

This but it was a combination of not pressing hard enough and the boards being really nasty. (here is a pic of it when I got it) I cleaned both a and b board with Water and soap (I know some people are going to go mad when they read that) then used compressed air to get all the water out.

Attachments

• cps3-2.jpg
    cps3-2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 122
That's great to hear!

My A/B combo just doesn't have audio, never has regardless of cleaning and connection between boards. Not even buzzy/garbled audio.

Yikes though at that board when you got it. Mine was dirty but that looks like somebody tried to cover it all with something.

Back