What's new

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
So I have a Sega System E pcb board (Hang-On JR)

It has a jamma adapter, and the rom board and roms for 5 different games, as well and the sub connector for Hang-On JR and the sub connector for Riddle of Pythagoras.

It looks to be missing something from the heat sink, not sure what though...

Please PM me if you think you can fix it.

PICS ARE HERE

Thank you!

Brent

:D

Your board is missing the amplifier. That's what would be attached to the heatsink (it gets hot).
It shouldn't stop the board from running but you'll have no sound whatsoever.
You just have to find out what amplifier it uses, remove the heatsink, attach it to the new amp and solder it to the board.
It either was scavenged for another board or just removed after the magic smoke came out.
It's a cheap part and a 5 minute job. You could do it yourself if you know how to use a soldering iron.

Edit: The part is an LA4460, it's written on the silkscreen. Very easy to find.

Cool, thank you for the detailed info!

Of course I will pay whoever can fix this for their time and parts.

Anyone?

Your board is missing the amplifier.
It has probably been used as a part board, meaning it was faulty then someone needed the amplifier.
@brentradio You should try powering up the board and see if it's actually working before sending it off to repair...
@Apocalypse let's hope an operator needed another board running ASAP and the tech just grabbed the nearest one from the 'retired' pile ;)

In that case, nevermind about the amplifier, it's the least of your worries.
@Apocalypse was right, it was probably broken when the amplifier was removed.
Repairing it will likely be a time consuming and expensive endeavour, there are a lot of failure prone Fujitsu ICs on the board.
I'll see if I can get you a recommendation for a good local tech.

Back