What's new

slevin

Student
Reaction score
I'm going to have to say I might be addicted.... 3 cabinets in 3 months that I started messing with this hobby. I was trying to hold out for another Vewlix but after seeing this turn up with KC I couldn't resist.

Having only had experience with one other Blast City, maybe I used up all my luck on the first one which really only had a lot of dust bunnies inside and not much nicotine stain. This one was straight up disgusting. Ash, nicotine tar and grime everywhere. Had to soak everything in degrease once to loosen it up, brush it clean and hit it again.

I, personally have never seen a 'Taito NesicaxLive Blast City Panel" since I started messing with the hobby, so when KC posted images of one that just arrived I immediately was interested, went down to look at it and eventually go back to snag it later. Screen didn't have much burn which was nice and brightness was decent.

Does anyone have personal experience with a TTX2 in a blast city? As I understand Taito likely gave some operators the option to 'upgrade' their machines to run the NesicaxLive software instead of them having to purchase new machines.

What's interesting on this machine is the wiring harness under the CP has the normal plugs for the blast city but also spliced in is a Vewlix style 1P plug as well as the nesica card reader.

What's going to be the best CP IO for this setup to run a ttx2?

Any JVS I/O will connect just fine to both your CP and the Type X2. I'd suggest a Sega one of course in order to easily plug in the Sega harness from the CP without modification. A version 3 Sega JVS I/O would be perfect. If you don't have one already, you can find them overpriced on ebay, but I'd suggest buying one from Yahoo Auctions Japan via a proxy. There are multiple that sell for under $30 every week. KC also probably has a few that likely wouldn't be too expensive.

I love the look of the blue Nesica-Sega control panel by the way. I grabbed 2 over the last few months from Japan and may run one of them in my Vewlix (with the official Taito spacers) because I like them so much.

Congrats on the new cab!

One other note, you won't need to wire up the Nesica reader if you're planning to install the ttx2 multi. If you're planning to run a dedicated game on a ttx2 instead, then you will need to, but doing so is trivial given that you have the reader.

Also, I believe Taito simply sold TypeX2 systems in a package with the NESiCAxLive panel and a NESiCAxLive marquee to those operators that wanted to run the TypeX2 in their 31khz JVS cabs. Others may know exactly what components came in the package, but I don't think it included a Taito JVS I/O.

Edit: Apparently it did come with an I/O, see post from @ThisGuy below.

Last edited:
One other note, you won't need to wire up the Nesica reader if you're planning to install the ttx2 multi. If you're planning to run a dedicated game on a ttx2 instead, then you will need to, but doing so is trivial given that you have the reader.
Also, I believe Taito simply sold TypeX2 systems in a package with the NESiCAxLive panel and a NESiCAxLive marquee to those operators that wanted to run the TypeX2 in their 31khz JVS cabs. Others may know exactly what components came in the package, but I don't think it included a Taito JVS I/O.
Good to know Bluetear! I think I'm going to try and swap my ttx2 multi from my Vewlix into this blast city.

Very cool to know about the Nesicax Live marquee, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it to return this Blast City to all it's glory.

What does the Nesica blast panel look like? Would love to see pics!

Here's the panel on the blast city that KC posted a while back (may actually be the one that @slevin snagged):

index.php

They're also pretty commonly seen on net and new net cities in Japan arcades (at least they were 5-10 years ago).

Here's the panel on the blast city that KC posted a while back (may actually be the one that @slevin snagged):

index.php

They're also pretty commonly seen on net and new net cities in Japan arcades (at least they were 5-10 years ago).
Love it! I'll have to keep a look out for these. :thumbup:

I have a x2 31khz kit for blast with panel, conversion board and io that I’m not using and can probably part with if anyone interested. I planned on using it in my blast but then bought a vewlix. Not sure what it’s worth now though

Attachments

• 23D6DB16-A03D-4DBB-852E-82738D1B8B87.jpeg
    23D6DB16-A03D-4DBB-852E-82738D1B8B87.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 215
I have a x2 31khz kit for blast with panel, conversion board and io that I’m not using and can probably part with if anyone interested. I planned on using it in my blast but then bought a vewlix. Not sure what it’s worth now though
I would buy this in a heart beat if it worked for a NAC lol

I would buy this in a heart beat if it worked for a NAC lol
Sorry it didn’t last long after I posted that and is currently pending sale.

Good catch, @nem. I should have suggested the Rev.B Sega I/O with a Jamma edge to keep his wiring simpler. Either Sega_838-13683-93 or Sega_838-13683-92 will work fine.

@slevin, there's a chance the wiring in your Blast may have been changed a bit to accommodate its prior use with a TTX2 (depending on what I/O the operator was using at the time). If it looks a little different than your other Blast, just post a few pictures and we'll give you our thoughts. If it looks the same, the Rev.B will be your best option. As with the Ver. 3, they are regularly on YAJ for $30 or less.

Yea the main harness on this blast has all kinds of funky stuff going on with it.

they wired in another plug for 110v, probably for the TTX2. Something is daisy chained onto the coin counter with a female plug and it has a cps2 kick harness wired in too.

I’ll have to pull it all out and get some photos of it.

Back