What's new

Samelak

Student
Reaction score
I am fairly sure the issue is with the cabinet, but I am experiencing problems with the monitor picture. This is a Sega Blast City that I had a 2931 NANAO in. When I turn on the cabinet, I get a really blurry picture (sometimes extremely bad) but after 20 minutes, the pictures comes into better (not complete) focus. Unfortunately, the chassis took out the tube itself a few month back. So I threw in my spare NANAO MS9 monitor. It is a tested good monitor that I tried in my Astro City. With it in the Blast, same blurry picture that slowly comes into focus. I am fairly sure its a cabinet issue. I rebuilt my power supply and even tried my spare power supply...same issue. I also tried swapping in a spare I/O board and spare harness. Not sure what else it could be.

I don't see how it can be a cabinet issue. Maybe the neck board is badly seated on the tube. Try reseating it (when the cabinet is off and has been off for a while).

I'm having a similar issue a few posts down. I swapped out the flyback and tried two of these "replacement" ones from the same online order but I am considering trying to install one that I got in a different order.

Best of luck!

I had a chance to pull the monitor today. I used contact cleaner on the CRT socket and the neck pins. Plus reseated all of the connections on the chassis several times. Still a blurry picture until warms up.

So I adjusted the flyback and noticed that I needed to crank the focus all the way over to get a decent picture (still not as crisp as it should be). Is my flyback going bad or weak? Are replacements available?

Yeah man this is like spot on describing my situation or my 2930. I tried some of those Chinese replacement flybacks and Id say that like 1-2 days out of the week I get blurriness on startup and the rest of the time I am pretty crispy on startup, it is a head scratcher for sure. I do have the focus pot maxed out as well.

Back